Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Holiday Candy making!

 I've been making a few holiday candies the last two days! Santa bellies, peanut brittle, almond bark pretzels, mints, cheese-it heath bites, Buckeyes and caramels. 


I might have to re-heat the caramels because I might have made them too hard! I just re-heat the whole batch and add some milk which softens them up! Easy enough! 
I did taste test a few candies yesterday so not great for dieting! 

Yeah, dieting is not going great! I skipped all exercise the last few days. Not even doing a plank or weights! I also ate a few candies and had a few drinks. I did try to eat somewhat healthy with a salad, but not this much cheese on top! 

I'll be finishing up my Thai Chicken soup today. I'm going to make a chicken wild rice soup next. Plus, make some Chicken lettuce wraps for dinner. 

I still have one more candy to make, Divinty with Pecans and the cookies will wait to be fresh for Christmas week! 

I've been watching this TV show on Netflix, Alias Grace. On season 1, episode 4 and so far it's pretty good. There are a few Movies and Series new on Netflix that I want to watch after this one. 

Steve will be painting the kitchen on Thursday! Wonder if I could get him to do this in our mud room? 


I'd settle for all the projects, tile and shelf behind the stove to be done and the rest of the quarter round trim along the baseboard to be done before Christmas!! 

My Wants for Christmas are just to have my house projects done! Not too much to ask! lol.. 

Off to the Chiro today. I went to bed with a headache and woke up with one too! A little TLC for me with a mini massage! I'll gladly go out in the cold just to have a little self care afternoon! 

Might get some snow today and maybe up to 3" Friday with a melt next week when it's in the 40's. That's not enough to ski just yet! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...