Wednesday, December 29, 2021

I want this in my bathroom!!!

 I was tired of the kids bathroom sink never drains correctly since we installed the sink/counter combo. It was always dirty with standing water and hairs in the corners as the sink was square! I did even take a before photos because I am just done looking at it! 

We have Menards rebate money so we used that to buy the on sale, not 11% off counter/sink combo. It was $100 off the orig price so a good deal to purchase. Of course the semi new faucet was all corroded and we were unable to save it. Since I changed out the vanity handles with mat black, I went with a mat black new faucet. Since the towel bar at TP holder are both shiny chrome, this spring I'll just try spray painting them mat black to save a little money. 

The new countertop looks really nice in the kids bathroom. Now to fix the side wall and paint! I also never painted the toilet side of the vanity white, so will need to finish that too! 


While at Menards, we did check out the shower doors. Found two that I liked for when we are ready to do the kids shower. We plan to take out the shower/tub surround plastic combo, something I've been wanting to have done for years! Pretty much since we moved in 20 years ago! Steve will tile a new shower and make a shampoo shelf with a clear glass door. No more tub in the kids bathroom! We never used it to bath our kids. They always took baths in our big tub. We will now finish remodeling the kids bathroom before starting on ours. I'd love to get them both done this winter but I think that's too much to ask for. We have more rebate money to use up at Menards which will help pay for some of the cost of a shower door. They are around $900, so will still need to pay for tile! We do have some tile from a customer left over from a job but not sure we will use that or not? Most likely we will buy large white or gray subway tiles with some smaller tile for the floor of the shower and shampoo shelf. The bathrooms are the two last big home projects. I'm sure some day we will replace the 1/2 bathroom countertop/sink and enlarge the deck. Oh and I forgot finish the basement 100% as we still have trim and painting to do. Yes, houses are money pits with something always needing updated. Just glad Steve is handy and does this for a living so we get free labor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...