Thursday, January 13, 2022

1 more off my todo list!

 Steve and I ordered the kids new shower door last night. We used the rest of the $700 Menards Rebate money to help pay for it. We also had to pick up a new shower drain, plumbing parts and the shower pan liner. In all we paid out of pocket apron $300. I don't know the exact amount, but remember it being over $300. We also used Menards rebate money about $200 to pay for part of the kids bathroom's new counter/sink combo, and then paid out of pocket around $200 some for a new faucet and the remaining balance of the counter/sink combo. We still have tile to purchase and a shower faucet. Which will probably run around $900 to $1000 I'm guessing?? Yes, we are spending far more than I was planning on the kids bathroom, but we haven't updated it in 21 years other than painting, adding a new toilet, and the old tile over the orig linoleum floor. When we built our house, I always wanted to rip out the kids plastic surround tub. It just took 21 years! 


The demo of the shower/tub and floor are done. Now comes the building back process! Steve will build a shower shampoo shelf, and a curb for the shower base. We were able to bleach the floor under where the toilet was leaking and got the floor all black moldy. So no need to replace the sub flooring! 
I don't want to setting for cheaper since we want to do this right and not have to replace later! We are doing an upgraded drain. Spent $44 on this! 

The new shower door. We went for the full glass instead of trying to build a half wall to save on glass expense! Its still a rolling door but more barn door style and hopefully a better quality so it won't come off the tracks! It's also a slight upgrade cost to Matte Black! 


We needed a bathroom remodel break yesterday afternoon when the high temps of the day were around 40*F. Got in a much needed walk at the park with Zoey.

It's also mustache month at our house! Logan started the trend to grow a mustache and not shaving while sick. Steve decided to do the same while having Covid. Not sure how long it will last but I'm ready for them to both shave!  

My diet was off yesterday. I had three slices of pizza. Plus one chocolate chip cookie Celina made fresh. Time to get back on track today! Good thing I burned calories working and then taking the afternoon walk! I do feel hungry this morning but will skip breakfast and wait to have lunch, my soup and make sure I eat a low calorie dinner! 





 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...