Monday, January 3, 2022

Already bored in 2022! 2nd Day of January!

Winter really sucks in MN when it's below zero or in the single digits! 

Steve and I were looking for something todo since we can't go anywhere with covid and be outdoors when its below zero! We decided to grab some drive through taco's, eat it at the park in our car. Drove to Hastings to look at the frozen waterfall. 

Thankfully, the waterfall was a short walk from the parking lot. I wore my extra warm jacket and we hiked to the waterfall in town. Took a few quick photos and it was back to the warm car again! 
The waterfall was really pretty with the frozen ice. 

Hardly any open water trickling down. 


After we drove to the Mississippi River in down town Hastings. Checked out the park with all the ducks and geese along with the view of the bridge. 


Lots of tent ice fishing houses set up on the back area of the river. They keep this section open and its where all the birds gather. 

 Something todo in the new year! Today, we are going tile shopping. Steve is going to redo the kids bathroom. Taking out the old shower/tub surround combo and making a bench, shampoo shelf and shower all tiled with a frameless shower door! It will be a big upgrade in the kids bathroom. I'd like a shower sprayer on the ceiling because Logan is so tall, plus a hand held shower for washing the dog. Making their bathroom more functional. Our bathroom will be last as we have floor and shower to re-do. We will make larger walk in shower without a door! I'd like one of those spa multiple shower heads! Sounds wonderful! The last project will just be painting the basement and updating a few more lights around the house! I'm sure at some point, we will want to update the outdoor area below the 4 season porch making an indoor outdoor seating area with fireplace. That can wait till the inside of the house is complete. Always something to redo in a house. Oh and updated garage doors with windows! Not too much to ask!! 



How's my new hobby going in the new year? 
Staying under 1000 calories a day. No sugar and no alcohol in January. Minus, NY day when I had one drink and a taste of chocolate cake for our family Christmas. Exercise is going good with 10 minutes of cross ramp, 1 minute plank and 15 lb dumb bells. We have 20 degree temps today. Warm enough to cross country ski this afternoon! I'll do a quick 3 miles in 40 minutes! Trying to wait till dinner for my meal of the day! Not weighing myself as its discouraging when I don't lose at much as I think. So I'm going by how I feel and how my clothes fit! 
I have January, February, March, April and May to get in shape for the summer. I'm not stopping of course once May rolls around, but I'm hoping to lose at least 5 pounds a month! Plus, keep upping my daily exercise to get more fit and tone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...