Sunday, January 2, 2022

Family Christmas! A week later! 2021-22!

 We celebrated our whole family's Christmas New Years Day! It actually turned out very fun day! A lot of work entertaining at our house, but fun for all. 


Steve cooked a HUGE prime rib for dinner with sides of brussle sprouts, mushrooms and potatoes! Very delicious!! 


I made popovers that everyone loved. I'm still trying to figure out how to make them early to free up the oven and still have them puffy! I semi figure it out, leaving them in the oven a lot longer to brown up! Plus, re-heat in the oven just before serving! 

Celina and Kendra made chocolate cake Yule Logs and Claudette made almond and apple tarts. 


We all played the dollar game, two times. Which is always a big hit! 
Paul won the money and spilt it all up between the kids! Super nice to do as they were all really happy! 

We also played the white elephant gift exchange. This year we used similar rule to the dollar game and it worked perfect! I'll have to remember to have a few extra gifts on hand in case anyone forgets! I had to scramble to find a few gifts to wrap up so everyone got a gift. 
We hand plenty of appetizers to snack on before dinner. 

This time to make clean up easier, I purchased plastic glasses to just throw away along with paper holiday plates! Maybe next year, plastic spoons and knives! 
We opened gifts in of course the smallest room of our house! Maybe I'll find a better room to place the tree in when we open gifts? Like the porch? 
Madelyn loved her gifts from Steve's parents and her little guitar. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...