Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Kids bathroom update!

 Demo day arrived on Monday! Steve started to remove the kids shower/tub surround. This is the before photo after he removed the shower curtain. 

Tools ready to go and the mess begins! 

Our design of the shower changed yet again. Its only a 5ft bathtub area, not 6ft. So we don't have enough room to make just an opening without a door. We are back to a full glass across the tub with either a sliding door or pull out. I'd like a pull out door since those rolling doors always get off the tracks and messed up. 

Celina and Logan came with to look at tile again yesterday. We picked out some tile samples to bring back and check how it looks. They liked it in the store, but once again are not crazy about the selection. 
The Tile Shop does not carry in stock tiles. They all have to be ordered and it would be at least a week wait. Not ideal since we already started demo! 

Menards, Home Depot and Lowes all carry tiles in stock. I think we will narrow down a selection soon? I still like large subway mat tiles, now to get the kids to like it! I'm hoping they will want to look again today at Menards and Lowes. We'll pick up more samples in hopes to find the perfect tile that will last and look good years to come! 

What they do like? A shower shelf like this one. Long on the entire back wall! 
Lighter colors with gray. The zig zag tiles above, which I can't recall what it's named at the moment?? 
 
I sent them a few inspiration showers from Pinterest for ideas. No tub, just the subway style tiles, which I still like! 


Now that its almost February, I'm starting to think about what I can bake for V-day. I also looked for idea's for Celina and Kendra to make for their home business. Love these two ideas! 

Might have to make some anyway for myself to give away to neighbors and customers! 

Still dieting, but eating more calories up to 1300 per day instead of staying around 1000. I am on day 13! No idea how much weight I've lost. Can't really tell yet, but I do think I've lost some weight in my stomach. I didn't pre-weigh myself and don't plan on stepping on the scale either. Its just discouraging if I don't lose weight quickly or none at all some weeks. Other people I follow also are dieting around the same time starting and I see their progress of 3 pounds lost in a week and seem to be eating more than me! makes me wonder if I could have lost at least 5 pounds by now too? Of course I choose not to know! Probably for the better! 

I have yet to reward myself for my dieting efforts. At some point I will get a pedicure and go to the Chiro. Just not sure when since we are in the middle of the bathroom project that needs to keep moving. Once the tile selection is made, I'll be able to get in a reward day! 

I was going to do an entire month of January without drinking. Its not that I feel like I have a problem.. I just wanted to not have any for the extra calories and to see how long I could go. It might only last 10 days since we are thinking about playing Bingo tonight in Hastings. If so, I'll just limit my drinks instead. How about just one with water, two max! Just empty calories anyway! I'd rather eat then drink! Maybe I'll just bring along my flavor packages to add into water? I won't feel like I'm missing out! Plus, zero calories instead of alcohol 200+. 




1 comment:

  1. I popped over from my blog and glad to find you. We need our bathrooms redone- have for years but this year it will happen. Love your tile.

    ReplyDelete

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...