Sunday, January 9, 2022

Two more day of January C O L D!!

 I really hope that today and tomorrow are the last of the really cold days! I always check out the 10 days ahead weather forecast and its going to be back in the 20 and some 30's starting Tuesday! We just need to get through today and Monday! 


My ring finger is still swollen from the knuckle down and my knee still hurts when I try to put any weight on it. I Googled how long it takes for a sprained finger to heal...  6 to 8 weeks! Nooooo..... That seems like an incredibly long time!! 


Now that its been 7+ days since Steve got sick with covid. We are back to being ready to work on the two upstairs bathrooms. Steve drew out on paper our shower builds for both bathrooms.  We figured out a plan to reduce the cost of glass/shower doors which is a huge expense in this project. We will not have a door on our shower but have two huge frameless glass pieces on either side. The kids will just have a door, not an entire wall of shower door. We just need to pick out the tiles for both bathrooms. At least we have somewhat of a start gathering ideas and tile samples. We hopefully will do more tile looking today and make some decisions. Steve has to get going on this project before he starts a big job come February and now a neighbor wants their two bathrooms updated. So I'm in a rush to squeeze in at least one of our bathroom projects


I probably should take the Christmas tree down and bring the extra table down stairs too. 

My dieting effort wasn't so great yesterday. I ended up eating Breakfast, lunch, Dinner and a snack too! 
Breakfast/lunch was 1 slice of leftover pizza, some hash browns and 1 maple Sausage. 
Dinner: two beef taco's
After dinner snack - lite kettle corn/popcorn. 6 cups. 
Well, over 1900 calorie for the day!

Back on track today. No breakfast, hoping to just have rice and salsa for dinner and maybe some lite yogurt with raspberries for dessert if I really want but hoping to skip the extra calories. 

Exercise: Worked Saturday 2-1/2 hours. Yoga of course, just stretching. 

Will need to start doing my daily minute plank and running 10 minutes on the cross ramp. My injuries shouldn't be bothered. Skiing next week after Tuesday every day in the afternoon for at least 3 miles, if not more. 

Dieting is not going to be a perfect process. I'm allowed more calories on the days I need it and some splurges on the weekends like pizza etc. Still going to skip alcohol this month due to not wanting empty calories and the desire to just go a month without. 

Exercise also is a work again in progress. I'm going for some exercise daily. Trying to do 7 days a week of planks! Weights will be added back once my finger heals. Of course I never miss a day of yoga! 

I might not lose weight fast on this diet, but I also didn't put it on fast either. All takes time. The last time I lost weight, I stayed on a low calorie diet for weeks. Probably around 16. I still had cheat weekends and managed to stay on track without ever weighing myself. When I lost 50 pounds, it took from the end of August to around November and then through the winter to get to my lowest weight. I skied every day I could from Nov- March, biked after and started running and going to the gym to lift weights. Also stayed on a lower calorie diet for months. I did manage to keep the weight off through most of my 40's. So back to what I know works and keep at it. 

Just in one week, my stomach has gone down some and I feel more hope on week 2, even with the extra calories yesterday. Today is a new day and every meal is a reset! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...