Sunday, February 20, 2022

Too Many Beers..

 We had a fun Saturday afternoon/Evening. Drove out to River Falls Wisconsin which is about a 30 minute drive from home. We planned a day of beer hopping. 


Started off at a brewery in town that has amazing soft pretzels from a local bakery and ate that with warm cheese. 


As we were driving to the next brewery, Rush River just out of town, we passed by a distillery, Taterstalls. So we decided might as well stop in and check it out. They had a bar/restaurant or a tasting room/liquor store area where we had one drink with their vodka. I usually won't drink hard alcohol, but decided I could share a drink with Steve, until we realized the drinks were in a pretty small glass and he wanted to try their old fashion. 



Not a bad drink at all once I squeezed in the lemon juice. It was strawberry, lemon, chamomile with vodka. 



The drive back to Hastings to stop in town for dinner the sunset was gorgeous! 

I attempted to get a few photos as we drove over the river. 

After doing yet one more cheers in Hastings at the last stop where we shared a Philly steak sandwich and fries, I managed to break not one, but two glasses! We were looking up at the old time photos of the restaurant and my arm caught the glass and it tipped over. I've never had such fast service! The waitresses were over in a split second clearing away the chunks of broken glass. I did it again about 10 minutes later putting on my jacket, it hit the glass, fell over and broke! We needed to get out of there asap! Good thing this isn't our regular stopping place in town! 


I have to make a note to myself, never have more then 3 drinks! It's just too much for me! 


Urgent care doctor called me back, yep my ring finger is fractured. Here they said it was just a very bad sprain. Still can't bend it all the way without pain. Steve said I need to run it under warm water and start exercising that finger to get to move. I probably should try this at some point. Maybe when it doesn't hurt anymore?? 


Its supposed to be 40+F today. I'm not drinking today that's for sure! Maybe we'll go to a park and take Zoey for a walk. 


Still no shower part! They said 3 to 5 days and I ordered it back last week on Thursday. I sure hope it shows up before Thursday when Logan comes home for the weekend. Its the never ending project! I still need to paint the side of the cabinet and spray paint the towel bar along with two screws for the shower drain. I probably should do that today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...