Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Tuesday... oh my!

 Last night the 22 year old furnace decided to stop working around 8pm. We were noticing it a bit chilly in the house at dinner, but never considered the furnace to be out. Steve thinks he can fix it with just a new coil or something like that. I'm ready to call in a repair person! It did get down to 13*F last night, but we are having a warm up today at 42+F. Our house this morning was only at 65+F, so not too bad considering no heat. We did run the fireplace and have it on again this morning along with our basement heated electric flooring. 


Are you ready for Valentine's Day? I have cards and have been eating a few v-day candies but did not make my cake yet. I have everything to make it and just might make it today! Strawberries, whipped cream and angle food cake. Which reminds me, I need some strawberry jello to add into the whipped cream! hum.. forgot that! 


Here are some 70's flash backs... Why don't people update their houses and furniture? 


Here is how the update on our bathroom is going... 
Steve hated the black grout and swears he will never, ever use it again and definitely not next to white grout! A big mess! He will have a lot of clean up today and some white grout retouching to do. That's all not going to happen until after the furnace is fixed... that take top priority over our kids bathroom. Seems everything that can is preventing us from just finishing up this job!! 


This was the before brownish tiles, plastic tub/shower.. so glad they are GONE!
We ended up replacing everything in the bathroom. The only orig item is the cabinet. I should try and find an orig photo!! Our house has really changed over the 22 years, almost everything inside has been touched. Porch addition, finished basement, deck added, trim and doors painted white, flooring upstairs and main level re-done, walls painted numerous times, new curtains for the front windows, new light fixtures etc.. and the list goes on and on... 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...