Monday, February 28, 2022

We are in the home stretch!

 This you see is the home stretch! The kids bathroom is almost 100% complete! Never mind that we started this project back in January and here we are on the last day of February, going into March to have this completed! Nothing ever goes as planned and it always takes 10 times longer than expected! 

The new shower faucet/shower head was installed Sunday. It has to set 24 hours and the water needs to be turned on. I'm ready to test it out! 


The shower door was a major pain to install. First we were missing parts to the top bar of the shower. That prevented us from doing anything for 2 weeks till the new part arrived. A few more days later, Steve was able to finally get back to installing the door. Some parts had to be siliconed in place and set for 24 hours, so more delays. Wish we would have used gray grout instead of black because it's hard to see the decorative tiles as it all looks like solid black from a distance. 

I still have more tile clean up todo and Steve has some white grout touch ups in the shower where the black mixed with the white and got it all dirty. 

The kids picked out the new wall color, It's an off white color called, cameo white. We picked up the paint and Steve will hopefully paint tonight. I need to clean up the bathroom tiles and vanity from the dust. Plus, move back our furniture in our bedroom where we moved the dresser from the wall to get to the plumbing panel. 


Once the painting is done, we can re-install the toilet and towel bar/TP holder. Once it warms up to 50+F, I can spray paint the mirror and light fixture matte black. Its just taking forever, but at least we are on the home stretch!


It's a little hard to tell by this photo, but I finally got the plant off the ground! I found a cheap $12 plant stand that I liked at Walmart! Its couch high, just tall enough to get the plant up to get more sun. Plus, I now can clean around it since its off the floor. The old plastic water catcher was dirty and gross, so I spent another $2.50 for a new liner. I was tempted to get a fancy $11 metal liner but figured it would just rust and get gross super fast. The point is to catch water leaking from the pot, plastic works just fine! 


I also had to throw away my favorite brooks pure flow, black running shoes. I noticed they were ripped apart from the soles on one side about 2". No longer wearable! I've had these running shoes far longer then the recommended 300 to 600 miles, so it was time to throw them away! My new pair, black Brooks running shoes, similar to my old ones but not the same. They discontinued the Pure flows and I couldn't find any online. The new running shoes weren't cheap at $100 but also not the most expensive $175. I would have liked to find some in the $60 to $75 range but I took what I found since they are super comfortable and I only had to go to one store. A win/win! Now to put some miles on them! 



Went skiing yesterday by myself 3 miles on the trails. Forgot my cell phone at home, which felt weird, so I was unable to take photos. The park was busy restoring the land. To me its more destroying than restoring. They took down huge pine trees. Not sure why that was needed? Along with other bushes etc that I'd always see birds hanging out in. They want to return it to a prairie. 

It's going to be 40+F this afternoon. I need to get out and ski this morning before it gets slushy and after it thaws enough not to be icy. 

I also need to get back on the dieting and losing weight track. I'm up at my highest weight once again! Time to lose it and get in more exercise every day. 

What's my plan you ask? 

Stop eating crap! Plus, eat a lot less. I lost weight by eating one meal a day, low calories and exercise running 6 miles or biking with weight lifting every day! That's what works, eating rice/salsa, sweet potatoes and moving more! It will help my mood too, as I've been feeling kind of blah. 

I have to get to the point where I look forward to my morning run/bike. Right now it feels hard and eating less feels joyless. Its all in the mind and I can do this!!! 

Day 1 of changes starts today, not tomorrow! Today, I will exercise, today I will eat less and today I will make a bigger effort to keep moving and do less sitting. More being mindful and proactive! Always good start the day with a little pep talk and revisit that through out the day with some yoga to re-center when I'm feeling off. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...