Tuesday, March 22, 2022

I did it!!

It might not look that pretty on the inside, but you'd never know on the outside. My window coverings finally work! I used those clear 3M plastic hooks to hang the fabric on. Just made little holes with scissors and had to put duck tape on the back, so the holes wouldn't stretch out from being cut and hanging. 

 

I decided to just use a long bungee cord across the front seats and cover them with the fabric instead of trying to cover up the front windows. This provides a divider between the front seats and the back sleeping area. The bungees worked but also need some clips to hold it in place without slipping off. 

I didn't have to attach the bottoms since we can pull up my cars screen on the side windows. It also prevents the fabric from moving if we open and close the doors when getting in our out. 


When the seats are all laid out flat, we can easily stretch out full length. There will be a space between the two middle seats, which will be a good place to store out bags (clothes). We also have two foam pads that will cover the entire back of the SUV. I'll cover up the foam with a light weight carpet and put sleeping bags over the top. We can store folding chairs behind the front seat for easy access and at night put the coolers up on the front seat along with our cooking supplies. 


I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out. I've stored all the window coverings behind the front seat in the seat pockets. I also labeled all the window coverings. They all came out easily, now to see how fast I can put them back up. We also have a car/hatch tent that goes over the back with the trunk open for summer, should we decide to car camp. I think we'd only do that if we wanted to stay a night or if it was raining. I think pretty much this is strictly spring or fall car camping! I'm excited to try it out. We might need to go to the lake next weekend and spend a night! 

Zoey is off to the groomer this morning. She is looking like a furry beast! I like to keep her fur short as she won't shed as much and she just looks better all trimmed up! 


We had two really nice days of almost 60+F for March! I got outside as much as I could to soak it in. Yesterday, wasn't as sunny so not a lot of just sitting as it was more moving around and getting stuff done outdoors! 

I'm all done cat sitting for now. I'll be doing some doggie daycare on Thursday and Friday with a customers 9 mo old golden retriever puppy. I'm starting to build up a new side hustle which I enjoy! I might be also taking care of small pets, guinea pigs. I wasn't sure if I was wanting to watch dogs, but I'm changing my mind. It's easy money and I enjoy it. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...