Tuesday, March 15, 2022

New Things!

 Well, I bought the cart anyway! Steve didn't think we needed this cart to store all the bottles of wine on. I disagreed! After years of the buffet counter filled with bottles it now is all in one spot, off the buffet mostly. 


Just wish it had one more shelf since we have a few more bottles still on the buffet counter. Our goal should be to drink up the bottles that aren't very full! 

Now we have room for just the coffee! 

Zoey got some new St. Patty Day bows. I ended up clipping them to the side of her collar. They didn't stay on long so I'll have to find another way to attach. 

Saturday, Kendra and I worked on making a king size head board for her bedroom. 

It turned out so much better than I imagined! 



I want to make a full size headboard now for Celina's room. In all the materials and board cost around $200. I can save at least $50 by not having to purchase a board. I think we can reuse an old headboard. The spray glue odor was pretty strong, so I'll wait till I can do this project outdoors! 

Sunday, Kendra and the kids and I went to this new Japanese Donut shop in an asian store. They were hot when we ate them and smelled amazing. They were just okay. I'd like a filled donut myself. The flavors were a little strange tasting. 

 

Since it's a new donut place, the wait was over 30 minutes. We just looked at all the different food items and purchased some snack while we waited for our number to be called! 


Yesterday's snow storm was short but crazy! The roads were slippery and at one point, I couldn't see the road or the lines in front of me. 
Celina made cookies C.C, peanut butter, and chocolate-Chocolate for a taste test at school. Unfortunatly,  out of 12 that signed up, only 2 showed up. They had baked cookies and cake in class that day. You'd think since the teacher was involved with setting the taste test date that might have been mentioned to change the date of the taste test! Well, we have lots of leftovers which I'm not unhappy about! Just a lot of work for her to do! 




They are delicious!! I might share a few with my customers that have gluten issues! 

This is the same counter and sink that we bought for the kids bathroom. I want to replace our 1/2 bathroom counter/sink. I'm tired of our sink and countertop that's in there. It always gets water spots and has to be polished. Its the bathroom everyone uses at our house, so I want that looking nice, not all gross! I'm hoping we can save the vanity and just replace the top. Unfortunately, the standard sizes are either smaller or larger then the existing vanity. So I'm going larger. We needed a 28", and I'm going with the one closes which is a 31" vanity top. 




I'll need a new facet too. Which I will get in Matte black. So it's more than I want to spend, but a much needed project. Maybe this weekend we can do this too?? Thankfully, it's in stock! I might try fixing the exiting counter with some type of clear coat and maybe just replace the faucet. I hate the sink bowl too, so maybe I answered that question too. Just replace all! I don't want to replace the cabinet because that will add another $400 on to the cost. It's already going to be $350 for the faucet and top/sink combo.  Well, save 11% on that! 


I will miss the curve of the countertop, but it just needs to go! I'm tempted to do black again, but think I'll just go with the gray/white?? Might need to think on this a bit more?? Humm... maybe we should keep it black? 



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...