Thursday, April 14, 2022

2nd day post Iris surgery!

 Steve's new iris reveal! It's not a perfect match, but very close. The new iris is a bit brighter in color than his left iris. Its still a good match, much better than any other colored contact lens in the past. His cornea is still swollen from surgery and will take a few weeks to heal. The iris color should change a little with the cornea healing. His eye whites are a little red and irritated. In all he is happy with the outcome for the most part. We still wonder why they can never get a perfect color match? 


He will have another follow up in 1 week. Right now its rest, don't lift anything over 2 pounds and don't bend over. I got to look at his eye through the instruments. I couldn't tell the difference between the two iris colors. Although, I had a difficult time focusing with my hard to see unclose eyes! 

More cold, windy days with snow flurry's today and tomorrow. I think next week the weather warms up to the 50's and maybe 60! I checked the long 30 day outlook and we pretty much stay in the 50/60's for that time with zero warmer weather. 

I did get some good new yesterday too. We have an appointment to meet with an electrician at the lake for the first step in putting in electricity at the lake. This will allow us to charge phones, plug in a cooler and run heat for spring/fall camping as well as run fans. We fixed the beach in two parts over the last two summers, now to add electricity, clear trees and then next year more to get ready for a cabin build. We are doing little by little to spread out the costs and do all the prep to make it easier once we are ready in 4 to 5 years to start building the cabin! I cannot wait!!! 

In other news. I was able to fix my old vacuum. I opened it up, cleaned out all the dust and some what fixed the start button. I just am keeping it on, and not turning it off. So I just plug in and it works fine. I still bought a new vacuum since I need a reliable one to take with me while working. I now have 3 vacuums with two spares. I always end up liking the newest one and will use that. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...