Saturday, April 16, 2022

Happy Cloudy, windy and cold Saturday!

 No change in weather to spring temps just yet, but I think next week we could see 60's?? I am at least hopeful. 


Friday morning Steve and I made a trip to Mpls to have breakfast at 
Patesserie 46. It was just okay. I was kind of disappointed in the selection since there was zero eclairs (need to preorder), so we each had a ham croissant, don't think there was cheese in there? We asked to have it warmed up and it was still cold inside. We split the strawberry/rubarb croissant and that was pretty good. Just glad we shared!! I also had a hot chocolate, they had zero whipped cream. Very disappointing for $3.50 and it was a small. 

We used up a gift card from fireside to have drinks and fries Friday night. It was happy hour prices, so it should have been cheaper?? The bill came to $30?? Glad we used that gift card up and probably won't be back unless other neighbors join us. Just not my kind of place to go. Lots of hockey parents, their kids and dumpers for customers. 

Friday, I only worked till noon. Easy day, but kind of boring too since we went to happy hour early and were home by 5:30pm. It was pretty cold and windy, so I didn't feel like going any where else and had enough to drink/eat for the night. Although, I still had some popcorn later on. 

Today, is earning some extra money cat feeding. Plus working an hour. I'll be cat sitting till Thursday. So lots of stuff to do every day with working too. I also might pick up a new customer. I have an estimate for the new job on Thursday morning. It would be nice to pick up yet another job 2x's a month and combine it with a customer out in that area. 

We sure did have extra spending this week. I needed a new vacuum. Which knew this expense was coming. Of course I spent $300, and after saw a vacuum Oreck on line for around $150. Ugh!! Oh well!! Then I needed 4 new tires before our trip next week. I didn't do any tire research and just went with discount tire spending around $1050 and will be getting a $50 rebate back. I also sent in receipts from the outdoor chairs we purchased from Menards 11% back in rebate money to spend at the store again. We purchased the kids shower door with rebate money and that was $1000! So a good deal if we save them up for a big purchase. The rebate money will come in handy for our bathroom next winter! 

We also had Logan's college bill to pay. He still has a big balance that he can use some savings and also will be working this summer to help pay for his expenses as he goes. Celina also got an unexpected bill? What the?? We hope its cleared up because this was a surprise amount of $1300! At first it was around $3K and then was reduced a few minutes later. Not sure what's going on?? So we need to figure that out, but will wait till next week. 

I have more bills coming up to pay which is tabs for my SUV due by the end of the month. We are also getting electricity installed at the lake. Not sure of the exact cost but there will be a $50 dollar cost for something? plus $600 fee to hook up to 100 ft and $4 over that amount which most likely will have to go another 100 ft. Plus the cost of renting digging equipment and buying electrical wire. Not sure if we will have trees to remove but that also can be done by us with a chain saw. In all it will be an added cost of $300 per year, but this is a start in the prep for the cabin build. 

Our trip south won't cost too much. We plan to camp, which will be at most $30 per night for 6 days/nights if not free should we find some dispersed camping. We are kind of winging the area we will stay in and make plans as we go. Mostly it will be just food costs if we eat out or decide to cook? It will be a week of sightseeing, hiking, camping and being outdoors. Hopefully, by going south we will be in warmer weather and see green grass and leaves! 

This week ahead will be filled with working M-Th, packing for our trip and paying a few bills before we go (Truck/SUV). I need to get a pedicure since I'm sure it will be warm enough to wear sandals. I'm hoping to get in more e-bike rides when the temps are back in the 40's. Plus, get back to doing my morning workouts planks, weights and the cross ramp. Back to dieting and losing weight instead of gaining or staying the same. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...