Thursday, April 7, 2022

One more done!

Well, the light is now up in the kids bathroom. I love the new look! Unfortunately, the glass light covers were far too big, so we had to go back to the store to get something else that would work with the mirror. I did find the same glass covers but smaller and they work okay. It still goes over some of the mirror frame and that causes the mirror to come away from the wall a little. No one is going to notice until you clean the mirror! Good enough!  




Not sure I love the light bulbs, but they came with the light, so we will use them for now. Maybe I should have bought white covers?? Hum....?? Well, those are at Menards, but they only had one in stock at the time. Similar bell shape too. 
I decided I want to try switching out the light bulbs! From this photo, it's pretty dark/yellowish in the bathroom with out the shower light also turned on. 
Here's our half bathroom. I need to spray paint the light fixture matte black and can do that on Sunday when the temps outside will be at least 50 and not raining! I'll just have Steve take it down. The new light covers used from the kids bathroom light. 

I think the kids old white/silver light fixture can be put in one of Steve's parents bathrooms. They just have ugly strip lights now and no covers. 

I still need to figure out what to do with this vanity and countertop with sink. I'm hating the gold sink. I suppose it could be spray painted? Silver? Not really sure??? Do I risk it? I'll have to think on this. Some day we might change out the vanity, but I'll just keep it as is for now. It's not a must have. 

I did get some new hand soaps at Costco for $7, for a package of 4. Nice to have some spring like containers instead of Christmas. I probably could give one away to my MIL too. We have plenty of soap containers. 

Dieting... Still staying around 1500 calories every day. I did splurge last night with half a cup cake and half a coffee cake shared with Steve. We bought a few b-day desserts at Cub's deli and got two for us to share. Probably didn't need them, but they sure were good! 

It's guys night out, Thursday. So I'm on my own for dinner. I already planned out my meals. 
B-fast - 2 PB nuggets
Lunch - frozen oj
Snack - popcorn
Dinner- rice with salt/pepper. 

I was thinking of making my Chicken Thai soup, but will wait till Monday next week to make that since we will be home all week. Steve has his iris surgery Tuesday, so lots of at home time! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...