Monday, August 15, 2022

Back to Monday, but still August! Ah Summer!!

 I'll start at the end of my weekend. My feet keep getting worse! They started peeling on Friday and Saturday looked rough! I was looking up rashes and came across staph, so that kind of freaked me out! 

Finally went to the Urgency room and they think its an allergic reaction to my plastic Berkenstock sandals. I'm not to wear them any more and have a steroid cream to put on my feet two times a day. My feel already feel less itchy. I'm sad about my sandals. I loved wearing them, but I guess they don't love me! I'll need to find some leather sandals to wear, no more plastic for me! I just hope, I have some old sandals around that are just as comfortable. Otherwise, it's off to the store to find something I like. I'm almost 100% positive that I have sandals around the house from previous summers that I hardly have worn for some reason. Maybe saving them because they were too nice. 

Zoey did great camping with me all weekend. Well, Steve joined us Friday night. I was just alone on Thursday afternoon to Friday evening with Zoey. She stayed close and off leash than entire time. We only had one issue with her going two cabins away while we were cutting down more trees. So she was put on the leash for awhile. 
The best weather day was Thursday. I ended up floating in the water while Zoey swam around me. It was the only really nice day. Well, Sunday too was nice but we packed up and left around noon. Of course at home was cloudy and chilly. Should have just stayed at the lake till night. Traffic was also busy coming home in the middle of the day which is why I would have rather came home at night. Then again, wouldn't have going to the doctor for my feet last night. So all worked out just fine! 

We found plenty of restaurants/bars etc. that had patios/deck area's for people and dogs to hang out. So that was nice to find since we had Zoey with and could still go out with her. She was fine as long as we were both there. Just leaving to go to the bathroom started her whining. 

Zoey's hunting in the woods, caused her to pick up tiny burrs all over her ears. I'll be brushing her today to see if I can get any out. Otherwise, I'll have to trim down her ears. Poor pup! 

We are heading back up to the North shore this week. The weather is cooler 65 and we could have rain every darn day! Camping and rain.. not so great! Plus, its an outdoor place where you want good weather to hike, picnic, bike and kayak. Fingers crossed its not going to rain much and its warmer up in the mountains then by the lake were we will be camping! Yikes!! 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...