Thursday, August 4, 2022

Side hustle?

I might have found another side hustle or business for myself that I enjoy. 


I brought Zoey into the self -serve doggie washer. She did great with the bath, but hated the blow dryer. I hated the blow-dryer too. It was only cold air, which I understand they don't want any dogs getting Burnt. It just took forever, so I gave up and went home with her still wet. That was fine because we both needed a break. 

The grooming took place the next day. I brought her into our half bathroom and hooked up a leash on the door to keep her in one place. I think she would have been fine without it, but I wasn't sure. I just sat on the floor and clipped away. You need professional clippers. It doesn't work to use a cheap pair as it will never get through the fur. I did also spend at least 30 minutes the day before de-furring her with this new tool that took out a lot of the under coat of fluff. It's like a mini rack with fine a very fine metal tooth comb. I just kept going over her until she was free of all fluff. 

I should have taken a before photo! Her fur was about an inch long all over. I just used the #10 blade that came with the clippers with out any attachments. I wanted her clean shaved. The attachments didn't take off much fur at all, so this is why they were not used. I noted the time before I started and it was about an hour and 10 minute in all. I am sure that once I groom her a few more times, it will go a lot quicker. 

I also looked into getting a dog stains steel washing tub with hose attachment and it runs around $400. I could easily convert our laundry room sink into a dog washing station. Tables for grooming also run around $200. A cheap start up for equipment. All I need is more practice on a variety of dogs. Might just have to offer my services for free for awhile. I'll also need to do more reading on grooming. So off to the library and on -line watching Utube videos. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...