Monday, September 5, 2022

My 54th Birthday in Door Co Wisconsin

 Yikes, I'm now 54! I don't want to think about turning 55 next year! Steve is also getting closer to 60! Feels weird to write that. We meet when Steve was 28 and I was 26. 

I booked a Hipcamp on someone's elderberry farm. The kids didn't like it because it didn't have a indoor shower etc. So we went to the Wagon Wheel camp ground 5 minutes down the road. It was a camp ground similar to a KOA, had really nice bathrooms/showers and extra amenities we didn't use like a game room etc. Paid extra but well worth the upgrade for the kids. We managed to get a site that was larger for all our big tents and semi private from other campsites. They still pack in the campers, but it wasn't busy since it was mid week and not a weekend. 

We took the path down to the lake. 

Also went to the state parks in Door co. This is always my favorite park. 

We brought the kayaks but didn't want to carry them all the way down to the beach. This is the place I want to kayak! 










My birthday cake from that little bakery in Sturgeon bay. 
A light house






we
We took the ferry out to Washington Island. A quick 30 minute ride with the car. 





The best beach was on this Island. All the white rocks were so smooth. You couldn't take any or it was a $250 fine. Yikes!! 







A lavender farm


Finally used the kayaks. Well, Steve and Logan did while I had a beer and Celina read. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...