Monday, September 5, 2022

The last day of Vacation week!

 It's not often we take a full week of vacation, more like mini over the weekend with Friday and Monday off so we can still work part of the week. Some how my schedule and Steve's lined up so we were able to take Logan back to college and do an extended trip with the kids to Door County Wisconsin. 

Since I have soo much to catch up on, I'm starting with what we did Sunday. 

Steve wanted to have a picnic yesterday evening with his parents. We found a great picnic spot down by the St. Croix river. We just made it easy and picked up two rotisserie chicken's from Costco at $4 something each, its cheaper then buying and cooking a chicken. Steve did grill up some veggies and we brought cheese, chips and hummus etc 

Since we camp all the time, we have a system down for getting all the picnic stuff there and home. The wagon foldable cart that we use at the lake, came in handy carrying all the picnic stuff. Thankfully, we parked close to the picnic table and didn't have far to go. Its still a lot of work getting all the stuff there and home. Steve was pretty miserable since the rag weed was in full bloom all around us. 

ss
I hardly get to see my grand kids. I took this photo of Madelyn off FB. 
She is such a cutie. I'm hoping to get together with Kendra and kids soon. 


We were home from our trip late Friday night after driving 9 hours home from Door County to Milwaukee and then home. 
Saturday morning, Steve and I went to St. Paul and stopped to see the new Mississippi cruise ship. It travels all the way to the Ocean and back again. Just $13K for the trip! No thank you!! 

I convinced Steve to go biking at Spring Lake Park. Was hoping they had the Buffalo there, but nope. The sigh still says Fall of 2022. Well, its fall. Where are the buffalo?
It was super pretty with all the yellow flowers in the fields. I keep trying to convince Steve he needs to get an electric bike. We were only able to bike 10 miles because that's enough for him on a regular bike. We could easily do 30 miles of biking on an electric bike. So many trails I'd like to do the whole thing, but because he wants to bike, we can only do 5 miles out and 5 back. 
The drive home when the sky turned bright yellow. The photos don't capture the true colors. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...