Tuesday, October 18, 2022

It's booked!

 I was trying to find a Hipcamp with electricity to spend Friday night in the Dells. Nope, nothing! So we are at a campground smack in the middle of the Dells. At least it's off season and I was told, not many people just in cabins and campers. So we will have electricity for our tent in a more secluded area, at least I hope! I don't care for camping surrounded by people where everyone watches everyone. I'm just happy this camp ground was still open as a lot have closed on the 15th. We will spend one night in the Dells since I'm getting a late start on our drive. Its just 3 hours away, so we should make it before dark if we leave around 2pm. Just enough time to set up the tent, and then go have dinner. We won't be camp cooking , just bringing everything to stay toasty in the tent for the night. 


I did look into hotel rooms in the Dells, but would rather just sleep on my own air mattress, use my own pillows/blankets/sleeping bag. We will be staying in a hotel in Milwalkee for Saturday night by the river in the middle of down town. I got a school discount at the Hyatt, so it was only $95 per night which most are around $300 to $400 per night. It doesn't come with Breakfast or parking so that will be extra. 

I'll do a Costco trip today to pick up Logan's requests of La Croix, water bottles, big bags of popcorn, RX bars and beef jerky. We will stock him up on more food too before we leave and take him out for a few meals. Not sure what our other plans are and how much time he will want to visit with us. I do want to check out more breweries and maybe the Harley Museum if we have time? We will see him again over T-day for a week and again on Christmas break for a month. While I'm not looking forward to Christmas, I am wanting him home for an extended time. 

The kids all applied for the college loan forgiveness. Fingers crossed they get all wiped clean. My kids didn't end up with much owing, but it will be nice to start life not owing money for college. I'm not sure Logan will be so lucky since he still has 2-1/2 years to go and I think only one year of loans will be forgiven. Wish he could get up to $20K in free money to help pay for college. We have an outstanding bill of $4500 to pay before January 1st. Yikes! He will own about that in spring too, which his loans don't cover. I'm hoping he works this summer. I did look up Architecture internships and there seems like a lot of them out there. I hope they are paid! So he needs to apply asap or over Christmas break! 

Celina still hasn't heard back from the job interviews. Fingers crossed she gets something! There aren't many jobs for her degree. She didn't like my other job suggestions either so I suggested a back up plan of maybe applying to get a masters degree or a certificate in personal training. I don't think school is something she wants to do right now. I just want her to be doing something productive with her time. Start her own business or do something!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...