Thursday, December 1, 2022

Day #2 of 25 dieting... Success #1

 This is going to be my before diet photo taken the day after T-day. They say you lose weight first in your face and then women lose weight all over where men lose it in their belly. 


I have till May to lose all the weight I want to get back to having all my clothes fit once more. It's not about the weight, just about feeling better and fitting back into all my clothes. Having more to wear and feeling comfortable again! Which means more exercise too in addition to cutting calories and eliminating sugar and drinks. 

Day 1 went great. I worked late till 1:45, then had to bring Zoey to the Vet at 3:30pm. When I got home around 4:15 from the Vet, I made my dinner. Cooked some rice and had some with Salsa. A low cal but filling early dinner around 5pm. I figure the rice was most the calories and I probably ate around 400 for the day. A good start to my 500 calorie diet for the next 25 days. 

I did wake up to a head ache. Took 2 Advil. I don't feel hungry this morning and I have plans to cross country ski this afternoon. I'm on my own for dinner, so most likely will just have rice and salsa again to control the calories I'm eating. Might add some chicken for protein and to fill me up. Guess we will see if I  feel like cooking or stopping at the store to pick up chicken? 

So far Day 1 was pretty easy for me to stick to my diet. I didn't feel hungry and I kept busy which was key! I only had 2 hours to kill of not breaking my diet and eating extras. I did it! Which feels like a great start to my weight loss journey. 

Not going to weight myself because I'll just feel the weight come off by how my clothes fit. I'm right now just concentrating on going to day 25 Christmas dieting, but do plan to keep going until all the extra weight is gone for the summer. 

I plan cross country ski every day the snow is good. Do my daily exercises and try to keep busy and out of the kitchen between working and dinner time. Plus, after dinner no going back for more food or a snack. 

Right now starting day 2, I don't feel hungry. Of course I don't ever feel hungry in the morning 99% of the time. It's just after I'm done working I look forward to lunch. Now that I can ski, I'll keep myself busy and will have less time to wait to dinner. I might have dinner early around 4 or 4:30pm some days. Once I start dieting, my cravings usually go away and I only want really health foods. 

I'll be choosing low calorie option, pickles, popcorn, sweet potatoes, rice/salsa, chicken protein, peppers/onions/broth soups etc. 

Weekends might be more of a CHALLENGE with wanting to have drinks or go out to eat. I've already told Steve I am doing a 25 day diet to Christmas and if he wanted to join me. He already wants to lose a few pounds too and give up drinks other than his guys night out on Thursday. Plus, we will save money not eating and drinking out. We just need to find other entertainment on the weekends. Skiing, movies and home projects will be on the list as well as cribbage games. I went a whole year dieting and lost 50 pounds in all, keeping it off for years by running 6 miles and watching what I ate. Now it's time to do it all again. I did it before and I can do it again. I just need to stay focused on my summer plans of fun and being fit again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...