Friday, December 2, 2022

Postive!

 Tested Positive for Covid this morning. I was feeling fine yesterday morning and by 6pm felt achy, headache, mucus in the back of my throat and a dry tickle cough. Took some Excederin this morning and I actually feel fine. This is the first time being sick since early 2020 of Feb when everyone had something. Feels similar to what I had back then with the dry cough. First time having covid for me that I actually tested positive. 


Guess we know how I'll be spending my weekend, on the couch watching lots of TV. Guess you only need to quarenteen for 5 days, so Thursday - Monday, and I'm good to go! 


Diet day 3, go figure it's been easy staying on my diet. I haven't really felt hungry. Ate rice, peppers and onions with salsa for diner again last night. Oh, and 2 pieces of beef jerky. 

I did eat 2 PB pretzel nuggets this morning since I took 2 excederin for my headache and fever. I had to eat something with my pills otherwise, It might burn my stomach. I will most likely make some fresh salsa with the raw peppers, onion, garlic and lime juice today to eat with my rice. Not really hungry for anything other than salsa or rice. It will be easy to stick with my diet now that I'm sick. Wonder if I can smell? I'll need to test that out. I think I can smell? I doubt it's really a symptom any longer or at least it doesn't seem to be. 

Hopefully, no one else in my family gets covid. I might have caught it over T-day with Steve's father being sick and Celina's BF Don also sick last week. I don't think either tested for Covid. Steve was also sick before T-day, but had a sore throat and it was just a virus as he tested negative for both covid and strep. I was hoping this was just a normal virus too. I did see Evan yesterday morning before I had symptoms, so hopefully, I don't pass it on to my grandkids. We were planning on skiing this weekend and now that's out! 

I'm supposed to work today till 1pm. I won't be around anyone and as long as I feel fine, wear a mask it should be fine to work. It's only for 2-1/2 hours anyway. I can do that easily! Plus easier to diet when I get some exercise too. 

I was planning on x-skiing yesterday, but the ski's were up in the rafters and Steve had the ladder so I couldn't get them down. Goes to show you, I felt fine yesterday afternoon. Just around 6pm, I went downhill fast. By 8:30pm I was asking Steve to bring up meds for me. It came on quickly. Hopefully, it will be mild covid since I'm boosted back in October. I just hate being sick! I got a small taste of being sick after my 1st dose/shot of shingles. That knocked me out for a day, tired, fever etc.. Not looking forward to shot #2 since I will probably have similar symptoms. That's not for another month, end of December or January. 

In other news.. my new 20ft sleeps 12 people instant dark tent arrived yesterday. I saved well over $150 by getting it on Black Friday! Delivery to my door. I'm excited for camping 2023 season!! Too bad I can't set it up to check out the new bigger size! I think the last tent was 14 x 10, so 6 feet larger in size. We do have room to set it up in the family room, just not sure it would clear the hanging light? So I will probably have to wait till spring to set it up outdoors. It might be too large for fall camping since it's more area to keep warm with the heater? Then again, I bring two heaters and it was too hot with both on all night. 80*F gets too warm! So should be fine plus, more space to move around the air mattress. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...