Monday, March 20, 2023

A new week!

 I don't cook very often, but I do make a few good meals. I actually don't mind making crockpot meals just because they are easy and you really can't screw that up! 

I used half a pork tenderloin we purchased from Costco and made Carnitas with it in the crockpot. I added white wine, lots of southwest seasonings, pepper, etc.. and OJ to make the sauce. Plus, made home made pico with some of the pineapple. Probably some of the best taco's we've had! I sure piled up my taco's and went back for a little more. Celina made the guac and everything turned out delicious! 

We started Logan's spring break off with a cinnamon roll from a gluten free coffee shop. I tried the cinnamon roll and 2 slices of bacon. The cinnamon roll was good, but I had to scrap off all the frosting it was far too sweet and too much that it didn't need. I think getting away from sugar has made it so I don't like sweet stuff or not overly sweet. A weekend splurge for breakfast which I normally don't eat, and still had popcorn for lunch followed by pork taco's for dinner (no cheese). 
Felt great to have us all together with Logan home from college this week. We sure missed having him at home! 


We all went to watch Celina's fun soccer league at the UofM Sunday night. 

We also stopped over to see Wayne and Claudette since they wanted to see Logan. 

I found this Get Lucky 4mile race Celina and I did together back in 2015 when I was at my thinnest and running a lot. I miss the days when my feet didn't kill me after 2 miles and I was able to run. I will try and run again this spring and see if they feel better. Might be too much arthritis in my toes at this point for my feet to not hurt. I can still run at least 2 miles and be okay. Something is better then nothing! 

I'm off work Monday and Tuesday with no other plans other than to go to the gym and workout. See if Logan wants to go get coffee or out to grab some food or to shop. 

I'm coming towards the end of week #16 on my diet. Not sure if I made much progress with weight loss, but I did get to the gym and workout 7 days, which is an accomplishment. I was building muscles and a habit of getting to the gym no matter what is going on in life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...