Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Last day, week #16

 It's my last day of week#16 on my weight loss journey. Day # 112!!! I was starting to think because I still have stomach fat I want to lose that I wasn't making any progress the last two weeks. I sure thought I would see zero change in my measurements this week too. Last week there was zero change even though I was getting lots of calories burned up from cross country and the gym. It paid off staying the course and sticking to my weekend splurge meals out. 

I'm down another 1/2 inch on my waist and another 1/2 inch on my hips. No change on my thighs. Which you would think I would see a difference since I've been skiing and climbing stairs. Maybe it's more muscle gain on my legs and some fat loss? I would hope so! 


I have so many more clothes to wear in my closet now that I've lost all this weight. How much weight? No idea and I'm keeping it that way. Once I lose my stomach fat, I'll step on the scale. I want to just keep going with measuring and noticing the difference in my clothes! 

Since I'll be on maintenance soon. I did a week day, Monday splurge. Went to get a Philly sandwich. Steve  just ate lunch and this was around 3pm, so an early dinner? In stead of eating the whole sandwich, I ate just half with just a few fries. The rest came home for Steve and Logan to share for dinner. I still ate some dinner of pork and pico with guac. 

It's also my 3rd month working out at the gym. I started off slow, just going through the motions of once again going to the gym. I'd walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then get a chair massage. I would go at least 3 times a week and now I'm up to 7 days a week. I quickly started going at least 5 days a week that first month and then added in the stairs after about a month along with weight lifting. Now I do 30 min of stair climbing and 30 of weights. I'm at the point where I could add in extra cardio after, maybe 30 min of walking or elliptical until I can add outdoor biking/running to my workout. 

Glad I just kept plugging away at my weight loss journey. It can get discouraging when you put in all the efforts every week and don't see any changes with measurements or fat. One week might not change, but the next could. I can't always expect to see inches drop, but I'll get there. I still have a ways to go! 


Well, Sauk is changing once again. Our neighbor Tim on the left is moving. He would mow our lawn in exchange for beer. Nice guy that was there the last 8 years or so. We never had great neighbors up there till he moved in. I'm hoping the new neighbors are just as nice. You just never know?? I'm sure we won't get as lucky this time around, but for the last few years all has been good. His house goes up for sale next month and I'm sure we will have the new people in by Memorial Day. We also won't have our other neighbors two houses down, the Rice's. They are having their house lifted and a basement installed to fix the issues they are having. It will take pretty much all summer. It might be a quiet summer up there? Which is fine, that's Sauk. At least the fireworks won't burn down our tents this year! It was always a bit crazy with them lighting off right next to us. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...