Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Last Day week #17

My last day of weight loss journey week #17!  Which means measure Tuesday! Where I find out if I've lost any inches. I never expect to see any changes and am always not believing the inches lost if there are any. I'll post them soon as I do this! 

Here's the report:

Waist = 33" no change

Hips went from 41.5 to 40.5 = 1 inch lost!!!

Thighs = 24" no change

Wow, didn't expect to lose more on my hips, but then again my reward I put down for this week was getting a belt for my jeans. They are slowly creaping down, so I need a belt! 


How do I stay on my weight loss journey? 

I mostly skip breakfast. It's just because I am not usually hungry in the morning. I will eat something if I am hungry or if we have breakfast some mornings. 

Lunch I've mostly been just eating popcorn. Really, nothing else. I have my container that holds 3 cups, but for 130 calories it's 3- 3/4cup, so I over fill the container. This is perfect for crunch, takes me a while to eat and fills me up for working out. I look forward to my popcorn lunch every day! 

Dinner- is usually what ever. If I want to stay low cal, I make rice/salsa or have a sweet potato. Maybe some chicken or pork or whatever veggies that have been roasted. 

Exercise is working, going to the gym and lifting weights for 30 minutes, stairs for 30 min. I've increased my exercise toughness the last 14weeks. I started out just showing up at the gym. Walking slowly on the treadmill and then getting in two chair massages. I soon added in the stairs for 5 minutes, then quickly adding to 15 and 30 minutes at level 4. Easy. Now I upped it to level 7 for 28 minute and 2 min of level 10. Weights I started out just doing 1 set maybe 2, not super heavy weights and now trying to do 2 or 3 reps and adding heavier weight. I also added in some cross country skiing when the snow was good. I do need to get in more movement in the afternoon/evening. I tend to sit too much. I'll get my bike out when it's at least 55*F. Pretty soon!! 

I probably should add take the dog for a walk to get some exercise or go hike, walk around the lake do something other then sit. It's just been too cold to want to go walk outdoors! 

I'm still making progress even though I am eating more calories. I am still showing up at the gym 7 days a week and upping what I do for a workout. Which is working because I'm down 1 inch on my hips!! That's huge! just wish the stomach fat would go away. I'm going to have to go back to 500 calories per day if I want to see stomach fat go down. 

Here's my food plan for this Tuesday

No breakfast - just water

Lunch- popcorn 130 cal

Dinner - Sweet potato 100 cal

After dinner snack- rasp 1 cup, blueberries 1 cup, 100 cal

Total Cals = 330 for the day. Well, below my calories for the day of 500. I could eat some fried rice with veggies to add 300 more for 630 cals for the day which is probably better since I won't be hungry if I eat more. I should probably switch it out for protein as that builds muscles and takes more to burn up the food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...