Friday, April 7, 2023

11 weeks... a new habit!

 It's now been 11 weeks of daily at least 6 days a week at the gym. The first 5 weeks I would go occasionally just doing the bare minimum of going, walking doing a few weights and then getting a massage. I went all in 11 weeks ago and now enjoy going and look forward to my sweat time. 

In all, I burn 250 calories walking the stairs for 30 minutes at level 7 for 28 minutes and level 10 at 2 minutes. Somedays I don't up the last 2 minutes. I follow that by 30 minutes sometimes 26 or 28 min of weights. I've increased what I lift, but I don't have exact numbers on that since I do at least 20 different machines with at least 2 reps, 10 times each. 99% of the days I follow up with a 10 min reward chair massage. 

This week, I added in the cross ramp at home. Running for 30 minutes in the morning. Plus, I've been doing my daily 1 min bent arm plank and lifting the 20 pound dumb bells my quick 10/10/30/10 lifting with 1 rep. 

I also count my calories burned from working. That varies M-F, but I at least can count on 100 to 200 extra burned daily through work during the week. 

I've been trying to keep my calories under 1000 now. I do splurge on weekends because I want a drink and to go out to eat. I've been switching to hard seltzers for half the calories or sometimes just having 1 beer. Food is shared, so I never have to eat a whole meal and I always take the smaller portion and opt for only a few fries. 

I still skip breakfast 99% of the time. I always eat popcorn for lunch 99% of the time. Dinner is what ever, but I do like getting in lots of veggies. Need to work more on getting protein in my diet to keep me full longer. 

Berries are a great after dinner treat. I've added in some low cal yogurt with some protein to keep me full. 


Funny, how back in November when I started this weight loss journey. This gray jacket was skin tight. Now it's hanging off me. Same with my winter jackets. They were getting tight and not any room left to expand and now they are big and baggy. That's what I get for the 32 pounds of weight loss!! 

There isn't a day that goes by that I still grab fat on my stomach and check to see how much is left. It's slowly shrinking and I do see my efforts paying off. 

I am re-focused on my splurge food days. I just move on from a higher calorie day. No need to get upset or quit because I had extra calories. I just make sure I move enough to burn off the extra I eat on the weekends and realize it's a part of life. I will have higher calorie days, but not over the top where I eat enough to gain weight. No change is okay too. If I didn't lose any more weight, I'd be fine staying at the weight I'm at. I feel comfortable again. I just want to look good in a swim suit for summer. Plus get a few more pounds off to be in the normal weight range. I'm like 3 pounds off from that. 

Here's the pizza we had last night. I brought basil from home to add on top. They charge an extra $1 for it and hardly add any, so I grabbed some off our basil plant. Good to be prepared! lol.. 
I dropped off Easter baskets for these two yesterday. Guess they have other plans this holiday, so I won't be seeing them for Easter. Hopefully, soon though! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...