Wednesday, April 5, 2023

A fresh start once again!

 I'm starting a new week #19, a fresh start to a new weight loss week. Since I started on a Wednesday, I keep my new weeks starting on the same day instead of Monday. 

Just sweaty me, after a cross ramp workout. I wanted to get in some morning exercise, so I did 30 minutes on the cross ramp and did 2.3miles for burning around 250 calories. A good way to start the day! It felt pretty easy too. I'll have to up the intensity as I keep doing this daily in the mornings. I usually wait till after work around 1pm to go to the gym. I made sure to eat my popcorn before so I also have energy. Speaking of energy and keeping me full. I now added in light and fit 80 cal yogurt with raspberries in the evening to fill me up and a nice frozen treat. 


Here we are April 5th and we still have this much snow! It's going to be a cold three days 36 today, 39 Thursday, and Friday 53. The warm 60's starts Saturday, but of course will be really windy! 75*F for Tuesday April11th will it really happen? We are sooo ready to jump into summer and looks like we are going to go from winter to summer in a two days! I will need to get my electric bike charged and ready to go. 

Back to the dieting... It really hasn't been difficult to make changes to lose weight. I might feel hungry sometimes, but not too often and I don't think about food all day. I only think about it right before lunch and probably early afternoon around 3pm. Which is why sometimes I eat my lunch early at 10:30 or 11am and dinner is also early at 4 or 4:30pm. I don't feel the need to always wait till 5 or 6pm since I feel that's too late and I'd be starving. I don't want to get to that point. 

I also have energy still by eating lunch, diner and a snack at night. Eating up to 1000 sometimes more to 1500 has been the right amount to keep my energy up. Even on low 500 to 800 cal days I feel fine. I only do that when I don't feel hungry or as hungry. I probably should make changes to my diet and add more protein which is why I'm adding yogurt to my fruit at night. Filling up mostly on veggies also helps keep me full. My soup is mostly veggies and a little broth. I probably should add in more chicken, but I love my veggies! I can always add a chicken breast on the side to add in protein and eat less soup. 

So far since I've lost 32 pounds in 18 weeks, that is 1.77 pounds per week of weight loss. Not exactly 2 pounds like I was hoping. Of course I could have been holding on to water and also gaining muscle weight due to lifting weights daily, so it's really hard to say. For now I'll still go with a solid 2 pounds of weight loss per week and recalculate my time Frame to get to my goal weight of 145. Is that too low for 5' 8"? I don't think so since my weight is going to fluctuate 5 pounds up to 150. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...