Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Actual

 I got over my fear of the scale. Well, I still have it! I made a predication about where I'd be for weight loss, which was off and I kind of was prepared for the scale results to be higher. Well, it was better than I was thinking which was good, but not too far off.  Here I was thinking according to my weight loss predictions that I'd be around 160- 165 pounds max. I was setting myself up to see 170 or higher on the scale and was okay with seeing 168. It's 3 pounds off the max I was wanting, but still better then seeing myself in the 170's!!


It's also my last day of week #18, which means I also do measurements! 
Waist = 33" ( no change)
Hips = 40-1/2"( no change)
Thighs = 23" (-1"!) Yippee

I finally saw a change in my legs this week! It's been since week 10, beginning of February that I've seen a change in my thighs. 

The saying is true, stay the course and keep making progress. There is no reason to fix what is working. I re-figured what I actually have lost over the 18 weeks I am down 32 pounds from my initial guess weight, back on November 30th. That's a lot in 4 months!! I still want to lose another 14 pounds to be 154. I'm sure 155 is okay too. It's not exactly 10 pounds a month which would have been better. Suppose those cheat weekend days didn't help or the extra drinks, but I knew going in to keep losing and dieting I had to live a little too. 

I re-worked my weight loss on my spreadsheet for the next few weeks, until August. July 12th I should be at my goal weight if I keep doing what I have been. 

I must say, when I have hungry days it makes me questions whether or not I can keep going on this diet. I felt extra hungry Friday and yesterday, Monday. Probably not getting enough protein to fill me up. What I did when hungry was to eat more berries, and popcorn for a lower calorie option. I do need to eat more meat and just not veggies and fruit with some popcorn. 

According to a weight loss calculator this is what I should be eating every day at my current weight
Maintain weight = 2023 calories
Weight loss 1 pound per week = 1523
Weight loss 2 pounds per week = 1023 

So my 1.76 pounds per week calculations fit into the calories per day I've been eating most days lately. I was able to lose 10 pounds that first month by eating around 500 per day. I'd rather eat more and lose weight a little more slowly. Sure sometimes I want the weight to come off super fast, but it takes time and I didn't put it all on that fast either. I can't expect it to come off at 3 or 4 pounds per week either! 

The new questions is.. Will I start weighting myself every week? Maybe, maybe not. I think once a month is probably best or maybe wait until I think I'm at my goal weight or closer to it. Once I do reach my goal weight, I'll have to weigh in daily. Which I know will make my weight fluctuate up and down within 5 pounds as that is normal. I need to do this to make sure I stay within a range. This way I can adjust while maintaining. 

I don't feel discouraged and I certainly don't want to quit my weight loss journey. I have more work to do and more muscles to build. I also didn't take that into account. I've been working out now for 15 weeks. It's been only 9 weeks of lifting weights on a regular basis for 30 minutes. I'm sure I've added in some muscle weight too which is better then fat weight. So is the scale super accurate of my progress? 

I also eat a lot of salty popcorn which can hold water weight. I drink water through the night, so when I weighted myself this morning I could have more water weight too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A day

 Sauk taking the dock out of the water for the season. Or at least trying to. Nothing ever is easy!! Steve was able to lift all the legs on ...