Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Get ready to go!

 The day before you leave on a vacation is busy! I have so much to do, but it all will get done. I have to set up the car for car camping and make sure we don't forget anything needed on our trip. I keep writing down stuff I think of to make sure nothing is forgotten. We have to pack for 80*F weather and rain.  I thought of a car camping item we would need for the rain, but it's not in stock and will be delivered while on our vacation. It's a popup privacy tent/porta-potty tent. This would have been useful to have next to the car! Well, it will be here for our car camping in Wisconsin etc. I also purchased a tent light/fan combo that hangs down. That too we can use all summer. Just would have been nice for this trip! 

I keep checking the weather to see if it's improved with the rain forecast. There is only Friday that it still says 90% chance of rain all day. We will be in Nashville. Might not set up a tent if that's the case. We are camping at a river edge. I think the first night we will car camp too as we won't need to set up anything and if it's raining the next day, it will be no issue leaving without having to take down a tent in the rain! That doesn't sound like fun at all! I really want to try car camping again since I made window covers and have new foam for the car to sleep on top of. I'm guessing it will be more comfortable then the thinner foam we used last year. It's a trail and error kind of set up. We also have a back /hatch SUV tent that goes over the truck when up. We can have the back open and stay free of bugs, but cool should it be hot out. plus, I'm bringing a battery operated fan. Umbrellas are also a must and rain jackets. 

I looked up showers in Nashville as we can go to PF to workout and then clean up. Might need to by that point! I'm excited for the adventure of camping part more then the city life of the trip. We mostly like the parks/ outdoor stuff, but when it rains we'll find inside things to do. Plenty in Nashville when we will have a full day of rain. Museums, places to go to listen to bands/music have drinks and eat. 

By Memphis and the Ozarks are only an hour away. 

These are the places we are staying at on our trip. 

First night at a farm. 

River edge by Nashville 

Ozarks we are stying next to the lake at Sunrise beach. Fingers crossed it's a nice camping location!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last of the season!!

 We went boating on the St. Croix river yesterday afternoon for the last time of the season. It was a nice 84*F day, kind of cloudy. The wat...