Thursday, May 11, 2023

Week #24 weight loss journey. While on Vacation!!

 How did I do on my weight loss journey on vacation? 

Here's the Calories burned and the calories I ate. We did a lot of walking on Thursdays walking the property and around the lake, Saturday in Nashville and a little on Sunday touring Graceland and walking around Memphis. Otherwise, I only got little exercise setting up camp and taking down. We did a lot of driving and eating out. I still counted calories or tried to count and keep track of what I ate. I did share meals and tried to opt for more healthy options. 

May 4Thursday1002300
May 5Friday01980
May 6Saturday3502500
May 7SundayGym2001500
May 8Monday203002250
May 9Tuesday1602000
May 10Wednesdaywk 242001650

Mostly I ate fruit for breakfast, but did splurge a few days having a Md's strawberry smoothy with an apple pie and we shared two pastries in Nashville, otherwise I ate raspberries, bananas and blueberries for breakfast. Lunch was either popcorn or we went out to eat, but shared a meal. I did get baked chicken vs fried. I did splurge on onion rings and Mac & cheese. We even had cake, 2 shared slices for Steve's b-day. Drinks I tried to keep to hard seltzers but had a few ambers beers mixed in. I think only a few days I had 5 drinks in a day. We did drink every day! My highest calories day was in Nashville, but that's the day we walked a lot all up and down the streets of Nashville. I'm guessing the calories burned and gave myself a zero on travel days even though we packed up the tent etc. 

I'm back to working out at the gym today. Might not get in a workout on Friday and we leave again Saturday morning. I'm guessing we will have time to go workout while in Milwaukee or at least that's my plan at least one or two days? We are gone 4 days in all Saturday - Tuesday. I'm guessing we will get in a lot of walking, but it's a beer town so will do a few breweries and again eating out for meals. I'll do the same for breakfast fruit and bring popcorn for lunches or snacks to fill me up. In all, I might not have lost weight this week, but I didn't gain. It's more maintenance calories. 

I did take my measurements today. New week #24
Hips - 40 same, Waist 32-1/2 ( lost 1/2 inch), thighs = 23 same. 
So that shows you, don't give up on vacation 100%, just do what you can and cut back where possible. I still lost 1/2 inch! That's a win! 
A new slimmer photo! This was at a brewery outside of Nashville. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday_ Fun Day!

 Steve and I had a fun afternoon of Kayaking on Lake Marion in Lakeville. Steve did a little fishing while I paddled so he could troll. I wa...