Friday, June 2, 2023

It's the weekend!!

 The weekend is here. I just need to work an hour at noon today. Going to get coffee with the kids and try the new June flight. It's also National Donut day, but I'll skip that one since one treat is enough. 

Well, I ate around 1600 calories yesterday with all the calories coming from dinner. I picked up Chinese food and ate two servings. I must have been hungry! I also skipped the gym and biking since my knee still was feeling off from hitting it on the picnic table over the weekend. I probably could have lifted weights but I needed the afternoon nap more than the exercise at the time. 

Since I don't work till noon, I need to get in a morning bike ride before we leave for coffee at 10am. Celina has an interview with a permanent position at GM. The first of two interviews for this new job. Fingers crossed she gets it! I'm guessing we will know more Monday after the 2nd interview. 

Logan applied for 3 summer architecture internships. Not sure if he will even hear back. He plans to give it a week and if he doesn't hear back, come up with option 2, maybe going back to Punch Pizza for the summer? Or he needs to figure out another job to do. 

Logan also can now move into his apartment in Milwalkee. Not sure when we will move him back. He needs a new bed, Queen size. We did notice Costco has Casper mattresses on sale right now. We can pick up a frame at Ikea and maybe other furniture he will need there. He wants to bring the old TV and some games the Wii. Plus, all his other stuff. We will need to purchase new bedding to go with the bed. Probably best to buy stuff here and there to spread out the purchases. 

Found two new places to try up at the lake this summer in Sauk. 

 We are staying home this weekend. Going boating on the ST. Croix Saturday and to a birthday party on Sunday. Maybe I'll set up a tent in the back yard since it's so hot upstairs at night. It just might rain every day and I don't want a wet tent! Guess we will see? 

I'm still waiting for my zipper order to arrive so I can try fixing the three tent zippers. I really hope it saves the tents and we will still be able to use them. I'd be bummed throwing away good tents because the zippers won't stay closed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...