Monday, June 12, 2023

Sauk Weekend

Back home and another Monday. At least I'm not working today, but have plenty of errands. 


Logan and two of his friends joined us up at the lake. We took the day off Friday and got to the lake by noon. The kids arrived shortly after. We did manage to set up their tent and most of the stuff before they arrived an hour later. 

We let the kids have the big 20ft dark tent and we took the other new tent on the 2nd beach area. 

We had the kids make their own eggs. I think they enjoy cooking a little as long as they don't have to clean up. 

We always make breakfast with some lunches and dinners. We did all go to the winery and had Zorba's pizza Saturday night. 
It wasn't crazy windy this weekend, so we had nice fires and it was a lot calmer out on the water. Just not as hot. I think it was in the mid 70's Saturday, but we all got in the water and did the jetski. 
Sunday it really cooled off. Thankfully, it was sunny at at least 68*F by the time I had to get in the water to take the jetski out and go home. The water actually is pretty warm, so it felt warmer than the air when I got out. We have such a perfect set up on the beach. We are still amazed at how good it all turned out when we fixed the beach area. We have the perfect shaded picnic table area, but still have sun on the other beach in the morning. It looks all over grown in this photo as you can't even see the picnic table or our new tent on the far side. We fixed the rocks that always fall down in the spring from the ice pushing it. I also put up more solar lights on the tree trunks. I had to fix some that no longer work and added a few extra. I love how it's all lit up at night. One of these nights I need to go out and take a photo from the water at night. I want to get a solar disco lights for the 4th to add to the party atmosphere at night. 

Nothing tastes better than outdoor cooking at the lake! 

We saw these assembled modular homes already to go and were interested in the cost. it would be an instant cabin. Just not sure how it would fit through the woods! We'd have to cut everything down! It would be a quick fix, but not really the cabin style we want. I still am getting a price just to check it out. 

Wearing my swim suit. Just like I wanted. I purchased a new swim skirt and some new shoes for the water. This is not the best angle but the only one I could get. I need a selfie stick! Still need to work on losing the last 10 to 15 pounds. No idea what I weight, but I'm going by clothes and how I feel. 

It's back to dieting today after a few too many drinks over the weekend. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...