Monday, August 28, 2023

Last days of August...

 So sad to see the last days of August. We only have a few left. Good thing the weather the next 10 days out in September look like summer weather! 80's! We've had a few cool low to mid 70 degree days and it felt like fall. We were all freezing! Not ready for fall at all! 

We really didn't know what to do yesterday. Me, Steve and Celina all went fishing in Hastings along the Mississippi River. It was kind of gross a big dead carp and a bird all were floating in the water. It just stinks of muck too. We didn't even get a bite! Very disappointing fishing! 

It was still a nice day to sit in the shade and fish for an hour or so...
I went to watch Celina's soccer game Sunday morning. They lost 2 to 3. It was a good game overall and a nice morning to sit outside. 

We made the favorite fair food, Chan's grilled chicken with the sauce Celina purchased from the fair. We just added sriracha and it was exactly the same! I made fried rice and Celina made some rice noodles with veggies and Logan made the chicken on sticks. All turned out really good, we were all stuffed. 

I have the day off this last Monday in August. I only work Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I'm off Thursday for my 55th birthday until the following Wednesday. I just want to go to the lake for my birthday. It will be just the 5 of us, without extra friends for the weekend. Just taking the boat up and hopefully, doing more fishing, swimming and relaxing! Should be perfect mid 80's temps! As long as I have some cupcakes for my birthday, I'll be good! 

It's also the last weekend with Logan as he goes back to school Tuesday. We have furniture to move into his apartment and food/supplies to pick up for him to last the month of September. We might see him again the middle of October depending on the weather. It's the last time we can stay at Harrington beach before they close for the season and it gets too cold for camping. Might have to go out there and stock him up on food/supplies again. Plus, it's always fun to go to Milwaukee. 

I'm working on building up more clients on my business. Time to pick up extra work! I'll start that after Labor Day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...