Sunday, October 29, 2023

Sunday.. Another chilly fall day

 Our Saturday of no plans turned into a busy, full Saturday. We started the day going to the gym for a quick 30 min workout followed by a chair massage. Love the reward massage at the end. It's definately  worth the extra $15 per month just to relax after a workout or to get myself there in the first place. 

After that we stopped quick to look for throw away paint brushes at the Dollar Store, which they were out of. I wanted to do some paint touch ups around the house on the trim and cabinets where the paint has chipped off. I'll look again for brushes or just use some tiny old brushes left over from the kids paint stuff. 

After that we tried fixing my vacuum. It was making this extra loud noise from the motor. We took the whole thing apart as much as possible. I cleaned it up a bit, and then decided to just take it to the repair shop. I switched out the roller and another part before taking it to get repaired. They quoted a $20 fan part and labor charge of $89, plus I need another roller since I put that other one on my old back up vacuum. Good thing I did all that because it will be in the shop for a week! Yikes! Oh the roller is another $45, so there is that added expense too. I've got to have a vacuum, so its either fix it, or get a new one for 3 times that amount. 

We were off to Cannon Falls to get a turkey. Before we got there we stopped to have a beer at Northern 20. We liked their Octoberfest, only to find out it was all gone. The other beer isn't as good, so it was one and done. We then stopped at Tilton Brewery in Cannon falls after getting our turkey and a few other item at the Turkey farm. I had a sour beer and then we went to Merics in Hampton to warm up at the bar across from the pizza wood fire oven. A good place to sit on a cold afternoon. We resisted the temptation to get a pizza because I had put together more carnitas in the crockpot before leaving. Used the other half of the pork tenderloin. 

I forgot, after dropping off the vacuum, we went to check out the new Mexican grocery store and restaurant that opened last week in Apple Valley. We bought two pastries that were kind of dry and not very good at all. Then went to the deli counter and purchased a empanadas and a chicken rolled ? They were both deep fried and super crispy. Both had great flavor with their roasted salsa which we also purchased and ate all with our taco crockpot dinner. So delicious! I'd go back for those items which both were cheap which was $3.50 for both items and $5.50 for the container of fresh salsa. I think the pastries were on the cheap side too at $1.99 each? 

I also had to feed the cat two times in the morning and evening. I finally got to pet the cat and hold him. He kept running away from me the first two times an then I was able to use the food to get him to come to me. Nice cat once he settled down. 

Today, we have a house warming party at 10:30am. I plan to go to the gym after and do the paint touch ups. We need to mulch up the leaves in the yard with the mower and blow the leaves off the deck too. I think Steve's dad has a blower that we can just borrow instead of buying our own. 

Logan's and Kendra's birthdays are coming up. I need to get birthday stuff to mail out to Logan, and pick up a gift card for Kendra. I already bough cards, so a little is already done. I'll just send money to Logan since it's easier then buying him stuff. This way he can get what he wants or use it on whatever this next month. 

Nothing much else planned for today. There is the Viking game at noon. Not sure if we will watch any or much of that? 

Then the work week starts again. It's not a very busy week for me. I need to do some advertising again. I'm hoping to pick up a few more new customers. I did pick up one new for 1 time a month. The other 3 jobs were just a one time deal. Steve also needs to line up more work. He does still have a few jobs, but then will be out of work. He did have an estimate on Friday which he needs to put together a quote. So there is some potential work too. Just need to keep the jobs lined up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...