Thursday, October 26, 2023

Thursday... rain and lots of it!

 today is half off coffee drinks at Starbucks. Since it's raining, I might have to treat myself to an afternoon Pumpkin spiced coffee!! I've been drinking ice mocha and it's not the same. 

Out our window this morning. The leaves are falling fast on the maple tree. We are getting rain all day. Well, at least it's not snow! That's coming on Saturday, but it won't stick around as we will be in the mid to low 40's all next week. Not as nice as upper 50's, but I'll take it since its still on the warmer side of winter temps! 


I just have work this morning and then I'll probably go to the gym in the afternoon to lift some weights. I'll have to treat myself to a massage in both the chair and hydro-jet beds. Its that kind of day. I'm guessing that will be all for the day since I won't be trying to tackle any house organizing projects. I just don't feel like doing any of it right now. 

I did do a lot of cooking and baking yesterday. Made banana bread mini loafs, some pb rice crispy bars with chocolate on top which are sooo good! I also made carnitas (pork) in the crockpot for taco's, only I didn't put it on high and only had it set to warm for hours. I noticed too late, so dinner was Culver's. I'll be having taco's for dinner tonight and having more of my fried rice for lunch, all leftovers. I do need to make a trip to Costco. I forgot to pick up paper towels and tide pods when there yesterday. Ugh!! Might wait till Friday when it's not raining to go get that stuff as its not urgent. I can get more window cleaner refill at the dollar store today since I'll be right next to it when I go to the gym. I think that's about all I'll want to do after working on a lazy rain filled day! 

No plans yet for the weekend other then I want Steve to do our bathroom project of getting a new countertop for the vanity and new sink faucets. It should be a days project. Maybe Saturday picking up the countertop and Sunday do the install? Next week, I can paint and do other white paint touch ups around the house. We do have plans Friday night to do some Halloween school party stuff with the grandkids. That should be fun and I'll have photos to share. Looking forward to that! 

Next week, we also won't be handing out candy. The dog is just too crazy and hard to manage with kids coming the the door. We will just go to Bingo and have a fun Halloween night out. Might even dress up a bit in costumes, or just wigs?? I'll have to think about that?? I do know there will be others dressed up as well, so we won't be the odd people dressing up. 

I do need to start a diet. I keep saying tomorrow. I'd better start soon this way I have until spring to drop weight again for summer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...