Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Covid Thanksgiving day!

 Yep that's right. Another holiday and another sick person in our household. Steve tested positive for covid yesterday. We host, so the extended family dinner was canceled today. It will be just the 5 of us with a 20 pound turkey and lots of stuffing. I did purchase some crab legs that were on sale for $5.99 per pound. Crazy considering I thought snow crab had a bad harvest year! 

I made sure I didn't have covid too since I've been around Steve the last few days. Negative! Hope it stays that way. Steve and I got our covid shots right before Halloween. Logan got his on Wednesday, so not enough time for it to be effective as I think its a two week window. Celina, probably won't be getting a booster shot since the side effects seem worse then actually getting covid. Which is very minor illness. Steve just has a slight cough, some times sneezes, a little sinus infection now and had a slight headache, otherwise feels fine. His 85 year old parents have not gotten their booster and plan to wait till December to get the shot at the Dr office instead of just going to Cub pharmacy and getting it done asap! He was over at their house the day before installing smoke detectors and then went over the morning of for a bit. Hopefully it wasn't enough to get them sick too. Not sure where he picked it up, other then a week ago said some guy was sneezing on him at the bar on his Thursday night out with his brother. He even said, watch, I'll be sick for T-day. Sure enough! 

I did more purging yesterday. Went through our linen closet and got rid of a lot of old kids blankets, pillows etc. Anything that had started turning yellow was thrown out. I still could purge more stuff since no one ever uses anything up there. I did find a new spot for all our kitchen big platters! I'd have space for cook books too if I did more purging. I still need a new spot for those or I need to get rid of them. Maybe just buy us a new book case from Ikea? Might be a better option! 

Celina and Don are off to do a Turkey Trot race this morning. Logan is still sleeping as he was out last night till 12:30pm. I had plans to clean today which I'll still do. I already tackled the kitchen mess from pie making yesterday. I have a feeling there will be more kitchen messes later for me to clean up! I'll find a spot for those books today too. 

We also didn't finish our bathroom vanity. It still needs to be painted and the drawer needs to be cut to fit back in with the plumbing in the way. We also need the mirror framed and the wood painted. Plenty to do on this project that we can probably work on today and tomorrow. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...