Wednesday, November 22, 2023

The new vanity counter, 2 sinks and new faucets!

Steve has the week off since its Thanksgiving week. He installed the new master bathroom vanity counter top. We had to raise up the counter so we wouldn't lose all the drawers and we also wanted it up higher and not sooo low. I love the new sink and faucets. Such an improvement!  

 Of course our framed mirror does not fit! So it's off to look for a mirror to either frame in or have one that's already framed. I'm going to check FB market place to see if I can get one for a lot less $$. If not, we'll just go purchase one. We might have the existing glass in the basement and then Steve can frame that on the wall. 
For comparison here is the old vanity counter and one sink with old faucet. It's also low, below the half wall and now the new one is up 1" above it. I would have rather had it at the same height, but that's what Steve decided so we could save a few drawers with the added sink. 

Good riddance old counter/sinks!! You won't be missed!! I absolutely hated the dirt around the faucet handles. It was so tight that I had a hard time cleaning it and it would always get gunked up no matter how often I cleaned it.  Plus, it's 24 years old and builders grade, should have been gone years ago! 

Fix one issue and now on to finding a mirror! We also still have to paint the top area where the cabinet was raised up and I need to find some 2 false drawer panels.
Since we emptied the cabinet out, I cleaned the bottom and applied some liner to the bottom. If and when we move, it can just be picked up and thrown away, and it will be all clean under. No need to clean out! I plan to line some of the drawers too that we use frequently. I still have that todo. I just used the same liner as the under the sink in the kitchen. 

I still hate the tile and shower in our bathroom, but that's a project for another time. I'm guessing next winter after we save up enough Menards rebates to pay for the tile. Might as well, get it free and not have to pay for the materials. So I guess I'm waiting another year for our bathroom to be done. I'm good with the upgraded countertop for now. 

Found this company that might make towels for the grand kids with their names on it. I used to be able to go to the Mall and have a guy do all the embroidery. He's been gone for years and I've been looking ever since. It makes an easy personalized gift. I'll have to call today and see if they can do just one item and the cost. 


The sun is out today. The last of the warm November days getting up to 49*F!! November is supposed to be the cloudiest month of the year. It's good to see the sun. It was cloudy until 3pm yesterday. It's not going to snow for at least 10 days according to the projected forecast. Not sure when we will see snow. It did snow a little a few weeks ago but temps got up to 60 and melted everything right away. I do love to ski, but the snow can hold off as winter is long enough. It just has to be white for Christmas morning! We still have 4 weeks left to still get some. I'd rather see green for as long as possible. 

In other news, Logan has been home since Monday at noon for the Thanksgiving weekend. Celina drove out to pick him up in Milwaukee Sunday. A 12 hour trip there and back as they were supposed to come back Tuesday. 

Logan has a meeting with an Architecture company today. He wants to get a paid internship this summer. Which would be great! Gives him money and work experience. Unfortunately, we won't see him much because he will be working full time. Which means he won't be able to go on Sumer trips? 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...