Monday, November 20, 2023

Our weekend..

 We helped Celebrate Madelyn's 4th Birthday. Kendra threw a really nice family dinner party for her Saturday night. 






Madelyn had another family brunch birthday on Sunday. 
Here are some photos that I used off FB. Kendra's father had a Paw Patrol character visit the birthday. It was nice seeing photos of her other birthday. 


I'm sure it's difficult to have to do two family parties. I'm thinking to keep things easier for Kendra since we are a smaller amount of people, maybe just doing a special activity, so there won't be a need for two separate parties. I can imagine that's a lot of work! 

I decorated our front door with holiday lights. I am not planning on doing trees. Just keeping it simple. I'll wait till after T-day to take down the pumpkins and put up my Christmas wreath. We do have lights we can put up inside the house which we will also do after Thanksgiving. 
Celina drove out to Milwaukee to pick up Logan from college on Sunday. She will spend Monday there and they will drive back home on Tuesday for the Thanksgiving holiday. It will be nice to have Logan home for a few days, till Sunday. He is taking the train back. 
Glad it's only a few more weeks till he is back home for Christmas break, an entire month!! We won't see him again till spring break. That's if he comes home and doesn't go somewhere with friends. 

It was kind of a busy T-day work week, now I had 3 schedule changes, so not as busy. I also have Thursday/Friday off for the holiday. It would have been nice to make some more money, but also nice to have time off while Logan is home. Not sure of my work schedule today on Monday as I'm waiting for a client to get back on what time today. Ugh!! It's' a wait and see.. right now! I'm not loving that! I just don't want to drive there and have to go back another time. 

Steve painted the half bathroom/same color just cleaned up the paint. Plus, he switched back around the light fixture since he hung it upside down after spray painting it matte black. Now everything pretty much matches in that bathroom. He also caulked the crown molding in the bathroom. It was installed years ago and never 100% finished. Now that's at least done. He still has a few more unfinished projects. Like the quarter round trim on the main floor. That can wait since I want my new vanity counter /sinks installed in our master bathroom this week. He is not working since it's a short week. This gives him time to work on a few home projects! 

He booked another 2 jobs, so they will be in January. Plus, can finish up a few jobs 3 in December. We will have to do some more advertising in December/January but for now we are good through the holidays. Which is always good. It should be busy once again with more after the holidays. It's always a slow time of year and to stay busy with projects is always great and much needed! His parents also need work done at their house, a new kitchen floor, microwave and carpet on the stairs glad for that added project!

I should start dieting, but will wait till next week, Sunday as my start date to get serious to lose weight before summer to be swim suit ready. 

I also really need a new hair style. I hate having hair in my face, but I'm also tired of having it up all the time too. Time to try other styles out and see what works best. 

I have plans to do more purging this week. I tackled our kitchen corner lazy Susan cabinet with all the plastic containers/lids. Not the best place to store those items, but where they are at the moment. At least it's manageable right now. 

I need to clear out the laundry room and get that all uncluttered. Plus, find a new place for all our platters and cook books. Not sure where until I purge more stuff! 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...