Friday, November 24, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving!!

 We had a quiet but nice Thanksgiving with just the 5 of us. I now need to switch out our front door decorations from pumpkins to Christmas! 

We celebrated Celina's boyfriend Don's birthday a few days early with pumpkin and pecan pie. 
The kids each made a pie, Logan pumpkin and Celina chocolate chip pecan. 

My plate of food. We tried the Popeye's precooked cajun Turkey which was a little dry. Steve's 20 pound turkey was so good with the mayo on it this year and rosemary. Everything was delicious! 

Steve also makes my Dad's stuffing with a little twist every year. Steve added in craisins and uses broth/olive oil instead of lots of cream and butter. Celina /Don made some sweet potatoes using coconut cream which was a little tropical/sweet tasting, but good. 

The kids dropped off half the turkey to his brother/gf and stayed for a drink. Everyone did Thanksgiving separate this year due to Steve having covid and his parents not getting their boosted shots. Just like the early days of covid in 2020... 

Today, is a shopping day, but not for Christmas items. We just are going to purchase the everyday things we need around the house. Dish soap, dog food etc. 

I did start a Christmas list of what to buy this year. We are doing a gift game exchange with extended family, so no need to purchase a bunch of gifts for everyone. We did get Steve's mom a shirt that I'm having made for her. It's her favorite shirt they no longer make, so getting a customer of mine to sew a replica. I'm excited to give her this gift and see if it turns out!We will also have to buy his Dad something similar. Just not sure what?? 

I'm going to purchase some sweatshirts and make Game Day on Everyone's as I think that's a great idea! Just get all Large size. 

Otherwise, gift cards are always liked by all even thought its not much to wrap up. Plus cash for Logan. 

I'm going to scale down the stocking stuffers too. We all don't need a bunch of stuff! Of course get some scratch off's and some alcohol. 

I just want some new black casual slip on tennis shoes, but will get those for myself. I'd also like a camping battery pack to charge up cell phones and an electric blanket while car camping in the spring.  We also need one more big tent for the lake which I can purchase in the spring on line.  2 battery or solar rope light too for inside the tents. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...