Saturday, November 25, 2023

Saturday!!

 It's our last full day with Logan home for Thanksgiving break. While it wasn't the holiday we all thought we would have, Steve's positive covid test, it was very relaxing and nice to have Logan home with a few extra days. He leaves on the train bright and early 8:50am tomorrow. Glad we aren't driving him back as its supposed to also snow a bit here and more in Milwaukee up to 1". That would be too much driving in one day!! 

Steve hung the old bathroom mirror back up on the wall. Good thing we saved it when we replaced it with a framed mirror years ago. We went back to Menards to exchange the wider wood we purchased for more normal sized trim for around the mirror. It need to be painted white and cut, then glued on the mirror. The raised vanity also needs to be painted and I need to find 2 false drawers panels. It's not a have to have, but at some point, I'd like that added too for a more finished look. Vanities are expensive, so I'm super glad we were able to still use ours and just fix it up. It was maple and now is white and raised up. I'll have to take a finished photo. 


It's Don's official 28th birthday today. The kids are all going to Top Golf with other friends to celebrate. We gave him our gifts and had pie on Thanksgiving, a few days early. 

We did a little shopping yesterday on Black Friday. Just went to Costco to get items we needed. I mentioned we went to Menards to do some returns and get more wood. After we stopped at the local brewery for one and done drink. 

I now feel like I could have covid. I've been sneezing and have a slight headache. I took a 2nd covid test today and its negative. Must be just a regular starting of a very mild cold? I feel fine, other than when I'm sneezing or have a runny nose. 

Other than doing some painting of the vanity and mirror wood. We have nothing else planned for today. I probably should get out more Christmas decorations. We can bring up the trees and the mantle stuff. I did decorate the door and the table in the entry along with our dinning room table all in winter stuff. Making some progress! Guess that would be a good thing to just do and get out of the way when the kids are all gone today. 

Our only cutting we need to do is to stop at the bank and deposit a few checks. We still have leftovers for lunch/dinner, so no need to pick up more food, but we could use more iced coffee and some ham/lunch meat. Might just go to Aldi for that as we always forget about that store. All the pie is gone so dieting come Monday won't be as difficult. 

Yes, I'm starting my winter diet to be ready for summer on Monday. This will give me enough time to lose weight slowly over the winter! Dec- May!! 6 months of weight loss 5 pounds per month = 30 pounds which is what I need to lose! Maybe I'll start Sunday! Day 1 just eating 1500 calories then I'll drop to 1000 per day. 

We just had to hustle to get our garbage out. We almost missed the pickup! Our garbage is full due to my purging of the linen closet. I'll do more purging today since I still need to find a spot for all those cook books in the porch! 

Next week, I'll have to get back to doing some advertising depending on the weather. Steve has about 5 jobs left this winter before he runs out. A few this spring, but not until April, so need to fill up Feb and march with more jobs. Of course people are traveling now and not doing home repairs, but houses are money pits and styles change and things break etc.. so always jobs to do. We saw one person advertising just for grab bars. Is there enough work just to install those? I don't see how! 

My neighbor friend wants to start back at the gym. That will help get me there in the afternoons. I can even go two times a day if I go in the morning with Steve too. We usually go for just 30 minutes, so can't do stairs and lift weights in that time frame. It will get my off the couch in the afternoons too this all helps to lose weight! 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...