Monday, November 13, 2023

What's on my mind?

I need to try these whipped cream combo's at Target. It's on my todo list for this week! 

I'll add them to my iced coffee or maybe hot coffee? 

Outside our front door. Most of the leaves are off the trees. I did the last of the yard mulching this weekend. Leaves are still hanging on the back yard maple tree so those leaves will have the wait till spring! I've mulched the leaves up 3 times and am done! 

November is supposed to be the cloudiest month of the year. We are going to have lots of sunshine and warm 60*F temps this week which is at least 20 degrees above normal. I'll take it! I plan to get the hammock out and enjoy the temps and sunshine in our backyard all this week! 
Look at Tuesday's temp!! 61*F!! I think it's also supposed to be a little bit more windy, so today with the full sun might feel better! Nov 13th and the month is almost half over. I'm actually looking forward to 2024, since in 2026 our mortgage is 100 paid off. It's sooo close to being done!!! Also Logan graduates in 2025, so getting that much closer to college expense being done too! 

We finally made the purchase, a new vanity countertop for our master bathroom. We are now adding a sink since we originally built our house with just one. We didn't want two since the last house we never used the other sink and wanted more countertop space. Now most master baths want two sinks. Steve didn't install the new countertop just yet. We have to raise up the height of the vanity to make it taller. Its standard height right now, by lifting it, we might not lose a drawer? We also purchased two new faucets in brushed nickel to match the drawer handles. When we redo our shower, next year, we will switch out the shower fixtures to match. Right now they are chrome. The bathroom tub is chrome, but that can be changed out at anytime. We were able to use all Menards rebate money along with a gift card to pay for most of the project. Only had to pay $52 out of pocket. Which all came to around $900! Nice to have it mostly free from saving up those rebates all last year. We used other rebates to purchase the kids glass shower door and will save up again for next years purchase of tile to re-do our bathroom shower and floor. 
I'm excited for the change in countertop. I need to take a before photo. I am already saying I can't believe we waited this many years to replace that ugly countertop that has be in our house for 24 years! 

The other project is changing out the half bathroom light fixture to paint it matte black. 
All spray painted but of course Steve put it back up, upside down! Ugh!!!! It's going to have to be switched around. We are painting this bathroom, so when we do that, I'll have him switch the light. I also spray painted the outlet plate matte black. Now it all matches with the exception of the towel bar, which is still a black/copper. It's fine the way it is. I do have all the porch lights to spray paint matte black, but there are 6 lights to do. That will be a project for next spring! I can take down the lights and clean them at that time too. One more paint project to do before Thanksgiving, which is getting that bathroom painted. Now to pick up the paint and match it from the wall chip! It's on my todo list! 

Baking has also been on my mind. Look at these cute cookies. I have all these cookie cutters. I'll have to try decorating my cookies to look like this! Super cute!! Which reminds me, I need more powder to make some royal icing! 


Logan is also on my mind. 

He will be home in 8 days! Its been since August! Celina leave Sunday to drive out to Milwaukee to pick him up and stay for a few days before they drive back home. He will have to renew his drivers license the next day on Wednesday. Plus, make pies for T-day. 

Birthday's are also on my mind... 

We have a neighbor friends birthday this week and Miss Madelyn's 4th birthday on Saturday. November is a busy birthday month!! As is December around here! Celina also has a big Golden birthday in February, she will be 24 on the 24th in 2024!!! Crazy 24's!! A big birthday!! 


Weight loss.. getting started and sticking with a plan. I've been wanting to lose weight. I just need to stick with a plan and don't go off. I just can't seem to get motivated to cut calories. I at least have been doing the work out part. lifting weights and doing my morning planks/weights with even running on the cross ramp and doing yard work. I want to give myself plenty of time to lose the weight before summer. Got to start now like I did last year to be down weight by summer. I pretty much started my diet right after T-day last year. I'd like to get started this week. Just need to finish the banana bread and coffee, after that I will be ready to do more calorie counting and staying under 1000 to 1500 with trying to burn more calories by going to the gym and just moving more throughout the day. 

Jobs.. 
It's always slow during the holidays. Most holidays Steve has enough jobs to keep going and then it starts picking up again after Jan 1st. Spring time it really gets going again, but its time to ramp up the advertising and get his schedule filled so I don't have to worry! I could always use a few more new clients too and fill up my schedule. I've picked up one new job on a regular basis, but the others have been just one time jobs, which helps but its not what I'm looking for. I really wanted to start my own dog grooming business. I just would have to clear out a room to do it, most likely the office and then set up the laundry room to wash dogs. It just doesn't pay as well and would be taxed. Plus, I need more practice to get better. I might just do a neighborhood flyer and see if I can pick up a few dogs to practice on. I just would want to get paid, which I can offer at a discount. It's something to think about doing?? It would be late afternoon/evening/work. Maybe just 1 or 2 dogs a week?? 

Home purging of stuff... 
Still want to get rid of a lot of stuff around the house. We have an entire bedroom of things to go through. Plenty of drawers, closets and cabinets to go though also. I just need to pick one a day. Today I'm starting on the laundry room. Going to find new spaces for what we have stored in that room. 
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...