Thursday, December 7, 2023

50*F degrees the next 2 days!! In December!!

 Wow, this is unheard of in December 2- yes 2, 50 degree days in a row! That just doesn't happen! 

And Saturday... back to 35*f and looks like some snow! Probably not enough to ski, just a dusting I'm guessing? 


I made some banana bread last night, its the start of baking. Not sure if I'll make some cookies or not today. I do need some ingredients to make peanut brittle, which is what I'll make first. It was my dad's microwave recipe. I make it every year to remember him, plus it's sooo good and easy to make. 


Zoey sure keeps me moving. She wants to go out and then let inside all day long. It's a good thing she does that because it keeps me from laying around too long. 

Did some shopping yesterday with Steve. I used the Fetch rewards that I do all year entering receipts and then get gift card money back. This year was $25 in TJ Maxx. plus $10 in Target. I was able to purchase some gifts yesterday with that money and then I had some old gift cards which totaled up to another $25 to put towards the purchase. I also get point gift cards from Visa, only $25 this year, because we don't charge much. 

I need more stocking stuffers and then I have to get a few more gift cards and then I'm pretty much done with shopping. I just need to get it all wrapped up! 

I also get some tip money Christmas week from customers. I always put that towards Christmas gifts. It all helps to pay for the extra expense of gift giving. We get a January break in spending and then it's Celina's birthday in February. 

After listening to a tic Tok of a woman who went to jail for burglary. I think a ring camera on the door would be a smart purchase! It will deter anyone wanting to break in. It's not like we have stuff to steel, but  we do have laptops and gifts under the tree. Plus, for the safety. Mostly someone is home all the time as we are in and out all day. Summers we are going a lot on the weekends, but the kids are here too mostly but sometimes, very rarely we are all away. Just would be peace of mind I think and a good idea. That will be Steve's gift! lol... I also want a remote vacuum to run at night. Might just buy that for myself!! There is one that also washes the floor, which I like that idea! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...