Monday, December 11, 2023

Monday! 2 weeks till Christmas!!

 Happy Monday, only 2 weeks to go till Christmas and a 10 more days till Logan is home! 

Sunday I made a purchase that I've been wanting for a few years now. I got the cheaper version of it, but it should work the same and an upgrade from not having it. What is it? A Blink door bell camera. It will be nice to have it on our door especially when we go out of town in the summer. Plus, I still like to know when our kids are home safe after I go to bed. We will see how it works. Steve is kind of anti camera door bell. I follow a Tic Tok where the woman went to prison for 10 years for being a cat burglar. Her suggestion wast to get a camera because it deters anyone from breaking into your house. Granted we have nothing to steel, but no one wants a window or door broken and have to replace it with the expense. What are they going to take? Our old junk? Really?? Most of my clients and Steve's have doorbell cameras too so it's nice to see how it all works. I'll be the only one with the notifications or at least I think I will be unless anyone else wants it on their cell to get notices. I've heard you get every car that drives by. I'm hoping it's just if someone is at your door! Steve will install this week since it's going to be close to 50*F on Thursday. He is still working from 6am to 11am at that restaurant doing some remodeling. He should have time in the afternoon to install, if not I'm sure that I can figure it out! Or at least try! 

We picked up that new game Mexican Train Domino's at Target yesterday. It was on sale for $12. I can't wait to teach the kids to play as it will be a fun game. Not very complicated as you can still drink and play and with a lot of people too or as few as 2. 

Celina and Don purchased their own early Christmas gift a Nintendo switch. I hate it! lol. We played Mario Cart and I came in 12th place! Horrible at driving! I'd rather watch then play a game. They enjoy it so that's all that matters. 

Steve has a cornea dr eye appointment this afternoon. Fingers crossed that the eye cornea cells are still doing great because every spring for the last few years, he's had surgery and can't work for a month or longer. I'm hoping he gets a break from surgery this spring. I'd rather take a week long vacation and not have it due to surgery. I'm going with today, just so I know first hand what the Doctor says because I don't always get a straight answer from Steve. Or he doesn't ask enough questions! We might even go out to happy hour after depending on the appointment outcome. 

I have a new client today. Nice for the change to mix it up and also earn more money. It's just a once a month client, so not a whole lot of extra but it all adds up! It was a referral, so that's always nice! 

I'm still sick with a cold. Still blowing my nose. Now Steve is sick again with a head cold. We both just can't seem to get rid of it! It's been since Thanksgiving and we didn't even have others over this year! It started with Steve testing positive for covid the day before Tday. or was it that day? We even had our flu shots and covid at least 2 weeks prior! Not fair at all!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...