Sunday, December 10, 2023

Ugly Sweater Party!


Saturday we were out early to the Union Depot/Train Station for Cookie sale. The first 300 people got a bag and a rubber spatula. We both got the goods! 

We did purchase an apple pastry. We ate it while listening to Christmas music. 

There wasn't as many vendors as I was hoping, but it was a nice assortment. Prices were a little high and of course we mainly came to look. 


Since we were already at the Union depot, we went out to check out the Outdoor European market too. It was a lot less crowded during the day, but still lots of people. Way fewer people waiting to get food. Which if you wanted to get food, this would be the time of day to go. Everything smelled really good and it was tempting to purchase some lunch. They had crepes, soup, drinks in cute mugs, some different beef bowls, dumplings and lots of other sweets etc. 


We usually go at night, so it wasn't as pretty going during the day with out all the lights. I do think they need to put in some heaters mounted above the food area to warm up and maybe some fire pits too. Plus, they needed music when there aren't any performers. 


Our tree this year. 

I still have a little more shopping todo. Mostly gift cards and a few more misc items. I probably should start wrapping up the stuff today. That's the part I don't like todo. As it takes forever. Well, now that I don't have to buy as much, it's not as bad. I was reading an article on how much people spend on their kids for Christmas. It was all over but mostly any where from $150 to $1000 each. I'd say around $600 to $700 each. Logan is more since we had to purchase a plane ticket, which I count towards his gift. 

We got home at 1:30am last night from the Ugly Sweater party. I took Zero photos since I didn't have pockets to put my phone in. I just left it in my coat pocket, which worked out fine. We had a great time. We got to meet a lot of their neighbors and reconnected with others we've met at over the years at their parties. We actually might go see a Johnny Cash music type band with one of the other couples we've gotten to know over the years. Always nice to meet and hang out with some new people. 

We stayed so late at the party because we learned a new game Mexican train domino's. Super fun!! I came in 2nd place and only lost by 10 points. Now I want to teach the kids to play!! Seems we always play new games at their house that we want to do again. We've had domino's for years now and ever have played. Who knew it would be so much fun! 





 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...