Sunday, December 3, 2023

Sunday in December!

It's already December 3rd! Yikes, this month is going fast too! We did a little shopping yesterday, but for a birthday gift. At least we got that one done and we were able to save a little by using some Mendards rebate cash $68.00 on it. Still had to pay out of pocket since Steve bough some customers materials and I picked up two sets of lights for the trees. 

After shopping, we went to the Germanic Institute in St. Paul of Summit ave. I would have never known it was there! Since I'm at least 75% if not more German it was fun to go to this European market. The lines were all crazy long, but the line going into the house went fairly fast. Just super busy and crowded inside. We found what we were looking for, the beer in the basement! 

The line outside of the house. 

German St. Nickolas. 


The basement, where we got a beer in the back room/bar. 
The fireplace that was next to us. 
There were alpacas outdoor that I didn't pet, but just got up close to seeing to take photos. 
Since we were in St. Paul, we stopped to have a beer at the brewery. It was all decorated for the holidays, so we got a photo in front of the tree. 

Blurry, but a photo! 

We also picked up some Christmas beer. 


After it was dark, we drove by a neighborhood light display. Probably one of the better houses decorated in lights near our house. 
Forgot to mention the coffee at Cork and Froth yesterday morning. I got a hot Gingerbread coffee with a tiny ginger bread cookie. 


Made one at home too with the mug cookies I purchased from Aldi. That was good too with the cold vanilla nitro foam in Espresso coffee. 

Today, I need to finish putting decorations on the tree. Put up the rest of the indoor lights and bring up the other tree to decorate. I want to check out a local craft fair, just to look. That's about all I have planned for the day. I do have other event stuff  we could do, but we don't have time for everything. 

Monday it will be back to work, a short work day. The weather is going to be in the 40's pretty much all week! 49*F by Thursday!!! That's in December!!! We will cool off to the mid 30's after that, but that's still better than being in the 20's or colder! Still no snow on the ground. We had a few inches a few weeks ago, but that all melted fast. I'm okay with no snow even though I can't cross country ski. That can wait for January, February! The two months I'd like to get out of Minnesota and live somewhere warm for those 60 to 90 days! just come back in April! If only!! Maybe someday?? 
 
Oh and I'm still sick! Think my sinus infection is acting up again. My head hurts even with Sudafed and Advil. I was feeling better yesterday, just my nose kept running and now back to head hurting! Probably should have gotten some antibiotics for the infection. Going on week 2?? Ugh!!! 

We do have one Christmas party next weekend. Just need to purchase 2 small gifts for an exchange and bring some food to share. It's an Ugly sweater party. Should be fun to just get out of the house and have a party to attend. 

I ordered some items for us for Christmas hosting too from Target. Some Clear glass coffee mugs and some cocktail drink skewers, with peppermint peeps to add as drink decorations. I'll have to make up a drink and serve it to everyone. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...