Sunday, January 14, 2024

-8*f with the next week hovering around zero or below it!

Celina has been making the most delicious bread. She purchased a sour dough starter and has been feeding it and using the discard to make bread. This was her last loaf. It turned out so pretty looking, but a little dense, not as light and bubbly as the last one. She almost froze the starter and killed it off with the frig starting to freeze items in the back. 
I saw on Tic Tok that this company gives you free starter just by sending a self addressed stamped envelope. I might as well try and send off and see if this is true! 

I've been tempted to make some bread myself. Maybe more of sandwich breads? I certainly don't need to be eating bread all the time, but I do love to make it. 


Here is a semi new pizza place that is part Indian seasonings/inspired. Gets high reviews and sounds like some interesting new flavors for pizza, wings etc. We will have to try it some night! 

In other news.. Saturday I finally finished all my business tax receipts. I put all the totals into my report. I just have to make a few calls Monday to find out totals for what we paid on various bills. I should be able to finish that up quick and print it all out so its ready to go for the accountant. We do need to purge old tax box records. I don't think we've gotten rid of any and we only need to keep the last 7 years. It's too cold to go up into storage now, but a good spring time project to do more purging and re-use the boxes for the newer tax records. Might have to do a big bonfire to dispose! 

Me, Steve and Logan all played a few rounds of Mexican train dominos. We wanted to watch the playoff's for the Chiefs and of course see Taylor Swift at the game watching Travis play football. It was a good game and they won, so on they go to more playoff games. I'm hoping they go to the Super Bowl again. Against his brother Jason would be a good rematch once again. That was our Saturday night stay at home on a really cold night out! 

I have plans today to go watch Celina play indoor soccer around noon. I might make some sandwich bread?? 

What I didn't do yesterday was stick to a diet. I had 2 large C.C cookies Celina made which are sooo good. Crispy and chewy, gluten/dairy free cookies. The best CC ever!! Too hard to resist. Then I decided to finish off the Carmel/cheese popcorn. Thankfully, there wasn't much left to eat! I did go to the gym and lift weights yesterday and I might have treated myself to 2-10 min chair /hydro massages. I got in a little treadmill walking too for about 5 min while Celina finished up her run. I probably should do more cardio, but for now I'm just enjoying lifting weights for about 24 minutes then getting a chair massage. 

Not sure if we'll be going to the gym this morning. I am dressed for it and don't have other plans of anything to do this morning. So I have Zero excuses. Plus, we need almond milk, which we could get since we are right next to Cub at the gym. 

We went to Menards yesterday and I finally picked up a plant light. I'm hoping this helps my herbs grow this winter. I just love having fresh basil and rosemary to add to meals. Maybe my flowers will also bloom again like they did this fall?? 
The light was only $32 dollars and has a clip or stand. I'm using the clip as the stand isn't that tall. I'm not sure how close to the plants you're suppose to be, but I am hoping it hits the plants enough in the back. There are two settings one for flowering plants and other for growing veggies/herbs. I used the blue grow plant light and set the timer for 8 hours. I probably should get some plant food since I'm sure the soil has zero nutrients left. I never know how much to water them. I do have a drip pan under each pot. Let's hope my parsley perks up soon. If this light works, I might plant some seeds and get those going in the spring to plant outside. 




Did I mention we used all Menards rebate money for these purchases? I even had rebate money left over which we will save for our Master bathroom tile for the shower/ floor remodel. Not sure how long that will take to save up enough to pay for it, but eventually we will have enough from their 11% back. 

Here's what else we purchased, a new towel bar for my side of the sink. I opted for this half hoop since I don't have a very big area of wall to put up one towel. I'm hoping Steve installs it today since I'm tired of my towel sitting on the sink and not drying. 

We also bought a dimmer switch for our dining room light and a box to install the front closet light. Steve has to do all these projects, which I should watch to see how he does it. Good to learn new things if I ever need to do in the future to save money!
Although, UTube is great for do it yourself instructions. 

I do need to start organizing and purging stuff in our spare room. There are items I can sell online and get some money too. All good projects to do when it's cold. 

 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Octoberfest in Brainerd!

 It was a fun weekend. One more done! On to planing the next weekend.  I won the girls Stein holding contest. The time to beat on the wall w...