Sunday, January 7, 2024

Accomplishments... making progress!!

 I had a productive Saturday. I should have taken a before photo of the front hall closet. I keep the games and misc stuff for the grandkids to play with. I finally re-organized after a few years of just putting things in that were ready to topple down on someone's head if moved wrong. I took everything out and then got rid of a few games and things we no longer need. They will go to Goodwill. We did attempt to drop them off yesterday but the line was crazy long. We opted for going to Costco and getting a few things we were out of and stuff to make my Thai soup. 


I got my Thai soup recipe off Pinterest and I think it's 100 times better than the Thai soup we had at an actual Thai restaurant. The stores bean sprouts didn't look that good so I skipped adding that and they were also out of fresh ginger so I purchased a jar of minced ginger which worked just fine. I had to have a bowl last night as it wasn't done with dinner. Love the big chunks of veggies! 

Logan made the spicy green beans and seasoned the chicken wings. I used the bean asian sauce on my wings and it was delicious! A really good dinner with everyone making something! 

I'm doing a semi dry January. Just cutting back on the drink calories. Although with breakfast this morning  we I did have 2 mimosas with mango juice. Last night I opted for a mocktail which felt like a drink since I made it up all fancy. 

My apple panacuken. It was all puffed up here. I added cinnamon and sugar on top. 

My Mocktail with a splash of Trader Joes winter juice and sparkling water. You don't miss having an alcohol drink because it looks like a pretty drink which is all I want. 


Steve and I and everyone else stayed home on a Saturday night. It's not that often we are actually home on a Saturday night together. The kids watched movies while Steve and I played some Mexican Train Domino's. 

I made progress on our taxes. Got all the computer data entry forms updated and ready for the info. I entered all of Steve's business receipts. Now to do Gas, Misc and my receipts for the rest of our businesses. I'll then put all into a report before our accountant appointment sometime in February. I'm hoping to finish up soon and be done ahead of time. 

We also need to advertise for more clients. It's the part I dislike the most. I did put a ad out on C.L. which is cheap, but probably doesn't get as much traffic as it used to. Now people are going to other app to find help, Google search and Thumbtack, task rabbit?? Maybe other apps that I'm unaware of. We also do flyers, but less and less neighborhood other than the older ones have actual mail boxes with news paper slots. It's still the most effective, but not my favorite. At least it's a cheap advertising option then going on the apps. I do need to get on Google to get me in the search! Probably time to figure that out again! 

I'm going to tackle our spare bedroom today after I do some tax data entry. I already need to go to goodwill might as well load up the car and get that all full to donate. Plus, I should try to sell some things too. I probably should try to sell all the puzzles, but I'll just donate those and get them out of here. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Octoberfest in Brainerd!

 It was a fun weekend. One more done! On to planing the next weekend.  I won the girls Stein holding contest. The time to beat on the wall w...