Wednesday, January 10, 2024

The cold is coming!!

 Looks like we are in for a polar plunge in weather starting this weekend into next week. Steve showed me the extended forecast and its crazy! I saw a huge warm up to 63+F!! Could that really happen?? I'm super excited now that I know 60 degree weather will be here in 2 weeks! Wow.. Let's hope it doesn't change to cold! I'd still take anything in the 20's and 30's because single or below zero temps are going to be sooo cold!! 

We cleared out the storage room yesterday and took a bunch of stuff to Goodwill. There was enough room now after organizing all the Halloween/Christmas decorations to put away all our Christmas stuff from upstairs. Feels good to get the upstairs cleared of the holiday clutter. We didn't go through every box because our garbage would be over flowing. I'll go through more after Friday when our garbage is picked up. We also still have the spare room and office, so those two rooms are the weekend plan! 

Steve and I did 1hour and 15 min of advertising today. Handing out flyers in Newspaper boxes. It's not our favorite thing to do and thankfully, we haven't had to advertise in a few years. Well, time has come because Steve is getting down to 2 jobs and isn't booked out any farther at the moment. He is waiting to hear back from a few people that want projects done after the holidays, but we can't count on that at the moment. He also has spring jobs lined up for nice weather, doing a deck. He can also go do his parents house home fix it projects, but won't get paid. They need new vinyl plank flooring in their kitchen and new carpet for the stairs. He has a light to install in the bathroom and I think  that's it for their house as most other projects were done last summer before his Aunt from France visited. I'm thinking he could just ask them to pay for Logan's extra college costs for class in return for all the work. A good trade off. 

I got a lot more done on our taxes, entered all the medical and meeting receipts. I just have a few misc receipts that were mixed in that I need to enter. Plus, I have all my receipts to go through and tally up. That's going to take me the longest because it's more than just data entry. I always save my business receipts for last because they are my least favorite to do. It will be nice to just finish up all the taxes and then just wait for our accountant appointment in February. 

Seems the more stressed I am about jobs, and picking up more. The more productive I am. I just want to stay busy and not think about it. I'm doing as much as I can to be proactive and that's all I can do for now. We'll do more advertising every day M-F, when the weather is good. Not windy, not heavy snow.. We always get calls and we just need to wait and be patient. Something will come along, it always does!! 

Still on my weight loss journey. Staying around 1100 calories per day. Here's what my meal plan is pretty much every day

Breakfast: ice coffee with a little flavored coffee 50 cal 
Lunch - popcorn 3 cups 130 cal/ Thai soup without rice 300 cal
snack- fruit (banana, raspberries or cuties) TBD 50 to 100
Dinner- Thai Chicken soup with rice 500 cal or chicken tacos, green peppers/onion with pico and guac 500 cal
today: Steak sandwich with mushrooms/peppers/onion and cheese 500 cal

Dinner always varies and I try to get in lots of veggies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Octoberfest in Brainerd!

 It was a fun weekend. One more done! On to planing the next weekend.  I won the girls Stein holding contest. The time to beat on the wall w...