Thursday, January 11, 2024

Staying busy!!

 Here come the below zero temps for a few days!  


I see some really, cold, cold temps Sunday- Tuesday. 3 days of not so great weather, but it is January! 


This is the snow amount outside our front window. Barley an inch of snow. We are supposed to maybe get a few inches this Friday. It just depends on how the storm tracks. I would like to ski, but 3 or 4" won't be enough and it's going to be too cold anyway to get out the skis. We see 60's in the extended 2 week forecast, can this be true? I sure hope so!! That would be a treat in January!!! 

I got more done on our business taxes yesterday. It was a day of working, taxes and advertising. I also got to the gym and worked out. Plus, we did a little shopping to get food and then I did some dusting of our room's ceiling fan. It was super dusty! 

We are waiting till the garbage is picked up on Friday to start purging again. I am going to tackle the spare room this weekend. I'm hoping most can go to Goodwill. We have more to purge in the basement too. Winter is a good time to get the indoor projects done. 

I should also finish up all our taxes by Friday. I just have my receipts and the final tax report to finish up. This part takes the longest. I got a good start yesterday, so I can defiantly finish up by Friday as long as I keep working on it. It will be nice to have all that done ahead of time this year. It's always interesting to see where the money goes. We spend far too much eating out. $7K, which is about $600 per month! We really need to cut back on that, which we are doing. Just a crazy amount, where we could have used that for vacations or savings. 

We did 1 hour and 15 min of advertising yesterday. Let's hope we get a few calls or emails off our efforts. At any rate, at least we are being proactive and productive doing something to get more jobs lined up. I'll sleep better once I know Steve has jobs lined up for Feb and March. Spring time work always picks up and he does already have jobs lined up, so we just need to get through the next few months. 


I'm skipping the gym this morning. Although, I do have time to go tonight. I most likely will just run on our cross ramp and do weights/planks at home today in the late afternoon. There is always kitchen clean up too every day. 

Still thinking of starting a dog grooming side business. I don't think Steve is fully on board. I'd like to try it, but he thinks I should just practice more on Zoey before I start up my business. I was thinking maybe actually finding a part time dog grooming job. This way I could learn more. Or I could just watch Utube videos and learn more that way too. Probably a little of both would be a good idea. I should find out if the library has dog grooming books to check out! Or maybe do my own U-Tube channel?? 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Octoberfest in Brainerd!

 It was a fun weekend. One more done! On to planing the next weekend.  I won the girls Stein holding contest. The time to beat on the wall w...