Wednesday, January 31, 2024

The last day of January 2024!!

 I'm happy to be ending the month of January! It's my least favorite month of the entire year. It's usually very cold, snow filled and just blah! This year, we've had the warm up! No snow on the ground and it's going to be sunny and 50 degrees! How's that for ending the month! February looks pretty good too at least the first 10 days or so in the mid to upper 30's and some 40's too. January and February and usually the coldest months, so to get through these with nice weather is super!!! 

Last nights spatular sunset going to Cub foods. Sure was pretty!! 
Sold for $25 dollars! This was my childhood rocking chair. At least 55 years old. I had it in my bedroom growing up and then moved it into 3 houses along the way. It was in my kids bedroom for a few years when they were babies but the chair has been in our spare room covered in clothes. Just collecting dust and serves zero purpose! So I listed it and it was sold within a few hours. At least I made some money off it and purged more items we no longer need or will use. 


I finished the two closet doors and put back on the door knobs, only to realize that my closet door was never painted on the otherwise! So now I have one more door to paint and I need to purchase one more door knob. I used one of the new knobs for another bedroom door that had not been replaced, but spray painted over the shiny gold. We have 1locking knob and 3 other door knobs still to replace. Its not super urgent to replace those, but it will happen eventually. So I'm back to painting another door and will start painting my bathroom trim at the same time. I did go around with the caulking gun and fill in nail holes and areas where it needed a little filling on the doors. 

Good news as I picked up another new client last night. Got a call and went to meet with them at 4:30pm. It was in the same neighborhood as the client who is moving lives in. So it replaces them and adds a bit more money into my pocket as well. It's all from doing a little advertising last Wednesday! I have been doing at least an hour of advertising daily Monday- Thursday/Friday.  Steve had some estimates and we sent off a few quotes. Wish we would have heard back, but nothing yet. He does have his parents house to work on in the mean time and a job lined up at the end of February, plus the deck in April. We have another quote to get out that could be a small job too. Plus, he has another customer to contact for a bathroom remodel job that he can do at anytime. It's a bit stressful when we don't have jobs/projects months in the future lined up for him. Or at least it stresses me out! 

Got a call from our accountant yesterday. We owe the Feds once again this year. It's going to be pretty much the same as last year, no shock, but still a bummer! I pick them up today and will know the grand total we will owe in April. Yuck! 

This could be a fun thing to do. Free ice skating and a coffee shop in mpls. Although, this week the ice could be slushy! I'd rather do spring like activities, but what? Not sure?? Maybe a bonfire outback? I could even set up the tent and try winter camping. lol.. with a heater! That's a lot to get down out of the garage, but I'd do it for something to do if I wasn't going out of town this weekend. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Sums up my Monday!

 I had bigger plans to work for an hour on is Monday and after run errands, bank/store, pay a bill all of which I did. I even drove down the...